Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thread full of bizarre things you've looked up on Google

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
An exciting one. How to remove a Honda rotary mower blade, where the bolts have siezed up?

The youtube DIY videos are dominated by macho yanks exaggerating the strain on their upper arm muscles with each lightweight task.

Plus you have to fast forward the first couple of minutes where they go through the basics of "This is a socket set".

Funnily enough, I had a new Qualcast blade arrive today for mine. Once you've gone through the frustration, pain, bruised knuckles, cursing and profanity of changing yours, I'd appreciate you posting the solution up here (or on the Gardening thread) Thanks.

There's no point in both of us suffering :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Funnily enough, I had a new Qualcast blade arrive today for mine. Once you've gone through the frustration, pain, bruised knuckles, cursing and profanity of changing yours, I'd appreciate you posting the solution up here (or on the Gardening thread) Thanks.

There's no point in both of us suffering :wink:

A lot of upper arms weight training, a shrink wrapped t-shirt and deep voice coaching to emphasise one’s a tough hetero is a prerequisite.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The difference between one million seconds and one billion seconds measured in months and years.

Have a look, you won't believe it!

A billion seconds will be 1000 times longer than a million seconds. So if a million seconds is a couple of years then a billion seconds will be a few thousand years.

Edit: having looked it up a million seconds is not close to being a year.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A billion seconds will be 1000 times longer than a million seconds. So if a million seconds is a couple of years then a billion seconds will be a few thousand years.

One million seconds = 11.5 days
One billion seconds = 31.6 years

The differential expressed as time always amazes me.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Another way of thinking about it is that a billionaire has as much money as a thousand millionaires (depending on exactly how many millions and billions each has).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

If you repaid the UK National Debt (approx £2131bn) at £1 per second... it would take 67,573 years to pay if off (assuming there was no interest due - which of course there is... so in fact it would just continue to grow!) :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here