Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread for people that love uruguay

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Suarez took one for the teampunk:punk:

Anyone at any level of football would do exactly the same its a reflex action he couldnt help himself.

Lets face if if an england player did the same he would be a national hero for stopping certain elimination from the world cup by sacrificing himself.

Cheating no, he committed a deliberate foul and guess what he got punished.

Ghana can only blame themselves, missing that penalty is what distinguishes them from a great football nation, do you think someone like germany would have missed that penalty, my arse they would.

Suarez celebrating the miss, sorry but thats raw emotion and passion, he showed more passion in that single moment that our own shower of shit showed in the whole world cup.

did you see that winning penalty you have gotta love uruguay.:banana::banana:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I have really enjoyed watching them but god help the against Argentina without Suarez or the excellent Fucille....
How good is that Perez in midfield? What an engine and what a tackler.
And how cool was the final winning penalty from that horrible looking sub, talk about icebox....
:cool::vuvu2:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Uruguay is one of the great football countries of the world historically. I think they outclassed South Africa in the group stage. ITV's commentary was ridiculously pro-Ghana last night from before kick-off onwards. It was an interesting and tight game. The handball was unfortunate but, as Ghana should never have been awarded a free kick, it would have been an equal injustice if they had scored.

For a country of 3 million to reach the semi-finals is a great achievement.

charlieoatway

through thin and thin
Aug 22, 2009
Bristol
I have really enjoyed watching them but god help the against Argentina without Suarez or the excellent Fucille....
How good is that Perez in midfield? What an engine and what a tackler.
And how cool was the final winning penalty from that horrible looking sub, talk about icebox....
:cool::vuvu2:

Wholeheartedly agree, Perez is quality, one of my favourite players of the World Cup.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
if the guy had not have handled the ball on the line Ghana would have won , that red card is possibly the most important single act of suarezes footballing career to date,it has enabled his country to progress to the semi finals of the world cup,i would think on returning home he will be made into a Boetang for real.

perhaps it should have gone Ghanas way and they themselves gone through but Uruguay found a way and were mentally so much stronger in the eventuall shoot out,the best team won ..

IMO :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here