Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those who want shot of Murray.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The issue for me is not that he did not applaud the fans, but that he made a deliberate, calculated attempt to snub the fans, players and club in general.

Perhaps he should kiss the club badge then leave next week

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Danny Cullip ignored the supporters?
Danny Cullip didn't put in maximum effort?
Danny Cullip didn't join in team briefings?

Gosh - I must have a very selective memory.

No... you are 100% correct... that is the difference... Cullip still played at 100% for the club, even after his t/f request...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As i have said on the other threads on this matter, when Murray came on he got nothing but loud cheers from most, if not all of the magnificent fans that support this club and pay his wages. Also as said by others, the only thing said a gainst him was a tongue in cheek pop at him telling his missus to go. This cannot, and should not, result in a professional footballer acting the way he did, he SHUNNED the team huddle and walked off ignoring the fans too, that's when he was booed and as far as i was aware never before.

imo, the guy should NEVER wear the brighton shirt again.

That is EXACTLY how it was... those who say it wasn't need to remove their respective heads from Murray's lazy fcuker ar$e... they might be able to see and hear more clearly then...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The issue for me is not that he did not applaud the fans, but that he made a deliberate, calculated attempt to snub the fans, players and club in general.

And despite what some have said, he didn't put in a shift either...

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
not only did he ignore the huddle and the fans but he made a big deal of shaking there keepers hand who the fans obviously didn't like, he can f*** off tbh i WILL boo him v stockport if he comes on.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
not only did he ignore the huddle and the fans but he made a big deal of shaking there keepers hand who the fans obviously didn't like, he can f*** off tbh i WILL boo him v stockport if he comes on.

At last.........somebody else has picked up on this.

Clearly Murray knew the keeper was getting stick from the Albion supporters..........and that the Brentford goalkeeper didn't like us. It was a handshake to a Brentford player who shared the same opinions of us Brighton supporters as Murray did.

Please............. to the Murray "arse-lickers".........no more defence of ths pathetic and CHILDISH creature. No wonder his partner wears the trousers in his household..

Its just this mentality that got the World economies in the state they are in.

A little while ago fans were ever so grateful to Bloom for digging deep for the stadium. Now some are treating his contribution quite matter of fact and demanding he pisses another £300,000 up the wall.

I suspect you are a member of the young "must have it all now" generation.

He ain't believe you me, he was on rations as a kid!

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
He's the best striker at our club. Slade needs to sit him down make him realise that we do want him here playing his best football. Draw a line under what happened on Saturday. Stop trying to drive the club's top asset out. He's pure class

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's the best striker at our club. Slade needs to sit him down make him realise that we do want him here playing his best football. Draw a line under what happened on Saturday. Stop trying to drive the club's top asset out. He's pure class

How the f*** are WE trying to drive him out?

I Clapped and sung the guys name at Brentford and he repays us who were still supporting him by snubbing us and his team mates.
Basically what your saying is that Glenn Murray is bigger than our club and we should do ANYTHING to keep him?:US:

I think you'll find Russell Slade has on a number occasions said that we don't want to lose Murray and we want to keep him.
We ain't trying to drive the bloke out, in previous threads a few weeks back I defended the bloke, but he didn't do himself any favours at all on Saturday.
It seems that he on self destruct mode with the Albion at the moment.

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
I think you'll find Russell Slade has on a number occasions said that we don't want to lose Murray and we want to keep him.
We ain't trying to drive the bloke out, in previous threads a few weeks back I defended the bloke, but he didn't do himself any favours at all on Saturday.
It seems that he on self destruct mode with the Albion at the moment.

Areeed he needs to accept that he has been a bit of A SILLY BILLY and made an arse of himself but lets all have a big cuddle say sorry to each other and unite as one. Everyone is behaving as if they are all suffering from a severe bout of PMT

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was firmly in the Murray defence league until Saturday when I thought he looked remote and too laid back. I hoped that as a pro he might take at least a bit of pride in himself and his ability as a footballer and put in a performance but I'm sad to say he let himself down.

I wish I could here what Virgs said to him when he had a word,he was certainly emphasising some sort of point which Glenn looked pretty f***ed off about, but I think its much in the same vein as what a lot on here are saying..something along the lines of "pull your finger out Glenn, you're embarrassing yourself here.

Loan imminent I think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trying to hang onto Murray is like trying to keep a partner who doesn't want to be with you anymore, a waste of time and a bit pathetic. The guy wants to go, let's send him out on loan and stop begging him to stay because his mind is made up. Please just accept it and stop imagining that there is any way that he is gonna change his mind. Best player or not, we need to get shot..the sooner the better.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pure class? Pure ass more like.

You mean stop trying to drive out somebody who has already put in 2 transfer requests? One of which was how soon after he joined us on a three year contract?

No matter how much people want him to stay-he does not want to be here. Time to get rid as soon as it's good for US-he can go swivel.

The best solution is to kick his backside until he starts acting like a professional footballer. Once he starts doing that, we can then look to move him on with minimum financial losses. Regardless of how much money Bloom has, £300,000 is still a lot of money for a club like ours and he won't want to lose anything.

Any player who has asked for a transfer twice is not committed to his job/club.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Trying to hang onto Murray is like trying to keep a partner who doesn't want to be with you anymore, a waste of time and a bit pathetic.

That sums it up perfectly.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I honestly feel the damage has been done, and the booooo ing at brentford has played right into his hands and his girlfriends also " ive told you along love,This place is shit, the fans hate you, i hate it here lets go" He cant argue now. Its a matter of time before he goes, he knows it, slade knows it, and we know it............there are two knock on consequences here, every time he shows a lack of intrest on the pitch his price goes down, And everytime his with the squad he will chip away at team morale which is still blending with all the new players etc.......

I can see no way back.............So Feck off back to the north ........the sooner the better

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
he ignored the unwritten rule between aways fans and players. we back them as much as we can, in return they acknowledge this support and say thanks for making the effort win lose or draw. it was provocative, its hard to think he didn't mean it. he also snubbed slade and the other players my heading straight off the pitch. not good.

may as well send him out on loan if possible - he can't be good for team spirit or fan unity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here