Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those Who Chose To Wait Till Donny...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone who missed today just to wait for Donnie must be mad. Fine if you're away but miss it out of choice?! Nuts.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I decided to miss today for many of the same reasons outlined previously. I did listen to the first half on the radio and in fairness the atmosphere sounded amazing and just now I do slightly regret not going. However, I'm pretty confident that this time next week I will no longer regret the decision. I was there in the East terrace for the final game at the Goldstone and I will be in the WSL next week. It is really the only way to start my long love affair with the American Express Community Stadium :ascarf:

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Anyone who missed today just to wait for Donnie must be mad. Fine if you're away but miss it out of choice?! Nuts.
y

Life is a series of choices. Mine was to swerve this game, not keen on friendlies despite going to 3 in Portugal last week. Still think I made the right decision, though I admit it was tough this afternoon listening on the radio.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Not at all. Next week the grown ups turn up without the need for'I sang louder than you, but my scarf is bluer than yours' bollocks.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I listened to the commentary on the radio whilst doing some gardening and nipping in to watch a bit of test cricket. It was clear from Jonny Byrne's comments that he - like most professionals - doesn't take friendlies seriously. It's a ramp up event for the stadium (read Samrah's comments on other threads) and a warm up for the players. Next week it gets serious and I will be there nice and early to soak up the atmosphere. No regrets but delighted if you all enjoyed your day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here