Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those long balls

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
you were held back at school weren't you...you have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say, so what hope have any of us got? What is your point?! wally

if english isn't your first language then i apologise and commend your effort

I rest my case.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I've certainly seen a variety of tactics. Perhaps you haven't?
no, i agree, we have, generally speaking. i just think the one we use the most from the back is for both stockade, and greer & dunk to play the long ball...and not with a huge amount of success. (our success has not come from playing the long ball.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
no, i agree, we have, generally speaking. i just think the one we use the most from the back is for both stockade, and greer & dunk to play the long ball...and not with a huge amount of success. (our success has not come from playing the long ball.)

When LuaLua was fit, we were sending the ball down the wing with pace via him & Bong. There was a similar tactic with Bruno & Rosenioe, particularly at Ipswich.
Long ball is just one of the tactics, but not the main one. Stock dale is good at diagonal kicks to the full backs on the hallway line, so it's not to Baldock every time, which is the point you seem to be making.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
When LuaLua was fit, we were sending the ball down the wing with pace via him & Bong. There was a similar tactic with Bruno & Rosenioe, particularly at Ipswich.
Long ball is just one of the tactics, but not the main one. Stock dale is good at diagonal kicks to the full backs on the hallway line, so it's not to Baldock every time, which is the point you seem to be making.

yep, fair point...down the wings have been more successful...to Baldock, not so much! (which was my original point, i could've made clearer, maybe?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here