Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those giving the liverpool game a miss and why?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm working and no time off left this year that hasn't already been booked for other fixtures. Missus is going with eldest (8 yrs old), Dad & Brother but me and the youngest will be at home watching it on TV. They are staying overnight too so not sure the eldest will make it to school on time on Mon....ahem!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Thanks-any extra will be great. This is where my love of the Albion steps in-don't know where I'd be without my season ticket-it's a chance to forget about everything else once that whistle blows!

You say that but I had a friend pass earlier in the season and we had P'boro at home and was just crying at the game for about 10-15 minutes, felt a dick but had everyone around me and was good to have the support.

Oh, and I'm going. Sorry to ruin the thread :lolol:

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
First child due on the 16th, will probably turn up sunday just to be awkward. Will tell my missus to hold on for a few hours! Also no-one to go with, not enough points (bad fan) cost etc!

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
We'll sing a song for you x - hope all goes well for your good lady - look after her - she is more important than a game of footie x

Ooo a dedication at anfield! Can I choose "we're f**king brilliant" please?! Thanks for your kind thoughts...will be cheering them on at the Amex tomorrow though.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Same as most others, timing etc.
As soon as I saw the draw the misses started googling hotels. Would have gone up Friday, night on the piss. Game Saturday then night on the piss, then home. Sunday @ 4:30 ruined my romantic weekend away in Liverpool......

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Unfortunately I have to drive to Leicester to collect my foster sister from my Auntie's where she is for half term. All been brought forward a few hours to give me plenty of time to get back!!

Would love to be there though!

First child due on the 16th, will probably turn up sunday just to be awkward. Will tell my missus to hold on for a few hours! Also no-one to go with, not enough points (bad fan) cost etc!

A regular poster on here probably won't mind me telling you this, his son was due early May '79, and when he hadn't arrived by the 12th (I think) he made an excecutive decision to go to Newcastle for a certain last match of the season, bear in mind in them days if baby was coming the only form of communicating said news was a smoke signal from the top of Wilson Avenue, anyhoo 'baby' was born 3 days later and needless to say is one of the most passionate Albion fans i've ever known

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Lack of cash, pure and simple, i just cannot justify spending a minimum £70 on a day out when I can watch the game on tv. Actually pretty gutted I can't make it but sometimes you just have to prioritise. I hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to seeing everyone on the box.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Have tickets for the Track Cycling World Cup at the Olympic Velodrome. Bought them months ago and not missing it for anything - not even Brighton v Liverpool.

Nice! I'll be there on Friday afternoon having picked some up in last week's resale. VERY excited!

Regarding Liverpool, I can't afford it really. I'd have to take time off unpaid, and travel and ticket, and other bits.... Bit hard to justify a £200 hole in the bank balance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here