Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those at the game, what was it like........

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was quite nice.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I were brilliant, was sat in J and could just see people going mental everywhere.

THATS why you dont leave games early.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The combination of clueless ref, oldham thugs/cheats, dicks of coaching staff, 95+ minutes and top of the league doesnt come along often. We certainly made the most of it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Absolutely deserved. Balance of play, a win was the fair result. Second half it was like being in a boxing match at times it was that physical but when that goal went in.........

* GOAL MENTAL ALERT *

:rave::rave:

Great run down the touch line by Tanno. A few hoardings went over. Orange jackets running around trying to keep calm.

Special

I have not got a clue how the goal who it went in, maybe someone can help me out....just a mass of bodies flying around followed by a shirt being waved over a head towards the North Stand.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody marvellous. Excellent atmosphere helped by an Oldham team that was there to play spoiler football.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
First time i've celebrated a goal like that at home since the Leicester come back. Was good to hear Good old sussex by the sea being sung in the D block TWICE over. Memories of when we won the title in 00/01 came flooding back

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Loved it,took my youngest boy for the first time,Oldham were a dirty niggly team and i thought they had got out of jail.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bloody marvellous. Excellent atmosphere helped by an Oldham team that was there to play spoiler football.

+ the bloody incompetent ref

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In the Family Stand. We went mental. Absolutely bonkers. Best goal celebration I've ever seen in that stand. It wasn't just a few seconds of cheering. It was a minute, maybe 2 minutes of everyone going berserk.

Incredible.

Spot on buzzer. With the ball doing ping pong in the goal mouth we had time to perfect the celebrations. I threw my 3 year old who was on my lap, into the air. He may be scarred for life or perhaps just scared but I'm sure it will be worth it. He's already talking about how big is the trophy we win if we win t.e league. The innocence of youth!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Saw the ball bulge the top of the net and a huge roar went up from the crowd. Rarely heard anything like that at Withdean. Delighted for all the young fans who seemed to be there today - what an atmosphere.

Apparently Sandaza went looking for his family but couldn't find them so just went to the crowd. In the changing room the squad screamed when the league table came on the telly.

Winning those kind of games is what makes you into a promotion side. Just starting to believe. And I'll bet you're glad you went now Brighton Girl ;)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Spot on buzzer. With the ball doing ping pong in the goal mouth we had time to perfect the celebrations. I threw my 3 year old who was on my lap, into the air. He may be scarred for life or perhaps just scared but I'm sure it will be worth it. He's already talking about how big is the trophy we win if we win t.e league. The innocence of youth!

:thumbsup: Good to meet you at the game. What a time to start supporting the Albion.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Saw the ball bulge the top of the net and a huge roar went up from the crowd. Rarely heard anything like that at Withdean. Delighted for all the young fans who seemed to be there today - what an atmosphere.

Apparently Sandaza went looking for his family but couldn't find them so just went to the crowd. In the changing room the squad screamed when the league table came on the telly.

Winning those kind of games is what makes you into a promotion side. Just starting to believe. And I'll bet you're glad you went now Brighton Girl ;)

Indeed, I am very glad I went! :clap2:

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
some goon 2 seats away from me didn't get up, smile, clap, celebrate in any form when we scored the winner! When the final whistle went he just left in a huff and stormed off. What a miserable prick!

I went mental though!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A simple way to get seven thousand people to act like complete roll and butters is knock one in in the ninety sixth minute to win a tetchy, but enthralling contest...

Blinder :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
some goon 2 seats away from me didn't get up, smile, clap, celebrate in any form when we scored the winner! When the final whistle went he just left in a huff and stormed off. What a miserable prick!

I went mental though!

Maybe he was an Oldham fan ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here