Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thornhill

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Is he injured? If not seems strange for Slade to pursue the lad through the summer and then not play him. Then again Slade not playing Dicker seems odd to me too. I thought Crofts and Navarro would only be squad players.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He hasn't really looked any good when he's played to be honest. Hope thats something to do with not being fit.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think I remember reading in the Argus that Davies mentions that he hasn't trained with Forest as they were ready to let him go on loan. Seems odd, but that might also explain why Thornhill isn't fit and therefore not showing his true worth. Might also mean that Davies isn't fit.

I think I remember reading in the Argus that Davies mentions that he hasn't trained with Forest as they were ready to let him go on loan. Seems odd, but that might also explain why Thornhill isn't fit and therefore not showing his true worth. Might also mean that Davies isn't fit.

That is ridiculous. I know Davies has a reputation as a bit of a hard task master, but not letting players train because they may be leaving seems absolutely crazy. Hardly going to increase their value if they aren't fit, are you?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
That is ridiculous. I know Davies has a reputation as a bit of a hard task master, but not letting players train because they may be leaving seems absolutely crazy. Hardly going to increase their value if they aren't fit, are you?

I know that its ridiculous but that what it said in the Argus

Davies hopes for Slade repeat
9:30am Thursday 3rd September 2009

Comments (8) Have your say »

By Brian Owen »

Albion new boy Arron Davies hopes Russell Slade can kick start his career for a second time.

The Nottingham Forest attacker has joined the Seagulls on loan until January and joins his new colleagues for training today.

Davies helped Yeovil to the League One play-off final in 2006-07 when Slade was manager and rates it his most enjoyable season in football.

Now he hopes for something similar as Albion look to climb away from the foot of the table.

Davies was given the choice of a switch to the Seagulls, Yeovil or Carlisle as the transfer window closed on Tuesday.

He said: “When I went in at Forest I wasn’t allowed to train because some teams wanted me on loan.

“The club did the negotiating and it more or less came down to where I wanted to go.

“I knew the gaffer at Brighton from our time at Yeovil, where we had a lot of success. I know he’s a good manager and that swung it.

“We had a very happy squad at Yeovil. It was my most enjoyable year in football. It was a great time for me and it got me a move to Forest.

“The gaffer did a lot for me then and hopefully the same happens this time.”

Davies scored twice in a stunning 5-2 play-off win at the City Ground which sent the Glovers to Wembley.

Highlights of that night, easily found on the internet, will have made good viewing for Albion fans this week.

“That game’s my trademark,” the 25-year-old admitted with a laugh.

“I’m still the lad who scored two at Forest and was then signed by them.

“I’ve played the majority of my career in this division and I got promoted with Forest and nearly went up with Yeovil.”

Davies arrives at Withdean with a reputation for being versatile.

He said: “I spent the majority of the time on the left at Yeovil but I’m not too fussed where I play.

“I’m delighted with the move. I just want to play first team games here.

“I’ve had quite a frustrating time at Forest but the gaffer was kind enough not to stand in my way when I wanted to go and get first team football.”

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I know that its ridiculous but that what it said in the Argus

Davies hopes for Slade repeat
9:30am Thursday 3rd September 2009

Comments (8) Have your say »

By Brian Owen »

Albion new boy Arron Davies hopes Russell Slade can kick start his career for a second time.

The Nottingham Forest attacker has joined the Seagulls on loan until January and joins his new colleagues for training today.

Davies helped Yeovil to the League One play-off final in 2006-07 when Slade was manager and rates it his most enjoyable season in football.

Now he hopes for something similar as Albion look to climb away from the foot of the table.

Davies was given the choice of a switch to the Seagulls, Yeovil or Carlisle as the transfer window closed on Tuesday.

He said: “When I went in at Forest I wasn’t allowed to train because some teams wanted me on loan.

“The club did the negotiating and it more or less came down to where I wanted to go.

“I knew the gaffer at Brighton from our time at Yeovil, where we had a lot of success. I know he’s a good manager and that swung it.

“We had a very happy squad at Yeovil. It was my most enjoyable year in football. It was a great time for me and it got me a move to Forest.

“The gaffer did a lot for me then and hopefully the same happens this time.”

Davies scored twice in a stunning 5-2 play-off win at the City Ground which sent the Glovers to Wembley.

Highlights of that night, easily found on the internet, will have made good viewing for Albion fans this week.

“That game’s my trademark,” the 25-year-old admitted with a laugh.

“I’m still the lad who scored two at Forest and was then signed by them.

“I’ve played the majority of my career in this division and I got promoted with Forest and nearly went up with Yeovil.”

Davies arrives at Withdean with a reputation for being versatile.

He said: “I spent the majority of the time on the left at Yeovil but I’m not too fussed where I play.

“I’m delighted with the move. I just want to play first team games here.

“I’ve had quite a frustrating time at Forest but the gaffer was kind enough not to stand in my way when I wanted to go and get first team football.”

Doesnt it mean he was only not allowed to train on Tuesday as he was going out on loan that day. Hardly gonna ruin his season.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Doesnt it mean he was only not allowed to train on Tuesday as he was going out on loan that day. Hardly gonna ruin his season.
I think you're right to be honest. It's not particularly clear, but if he had missed Forest's entire pre-season - I doubt he would have played in any Carling Cup games for them, nor would he have made the bench for a couple of league games.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would take that to mean that he went into train on that particular day and he was told he was going out on loan and to sort a club out and forget training that morning.

I can't believe he hasn't been training at all. He was in both the Forest Carling Cup teams and sub last Saturday.

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
He actually looked OK in our Carling Cup match against 'Boro, but if he does well for you I'll be surprised if he isn't available on a free.

bigbadbonkingbob

Aug 21, 2006
Been injured mostly, he's OK at left back until Julian Bennett is fit again but I suspect he'll be competing for a centre half slot (he's played there a couple of times for us and actually looked quite good).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Been injured mostly, he's OK at left back until Julian Bennett is fit again but I suspect he'll be competing for a centre half slot (he's played there a couple of times for us and actually looked quite good).

Ta. Centre half is probably his best position IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here