Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Suspension Thing

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Correct decision according to Sky Ref Watch. Guess that means an extended ban for a frivolous appeal then.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Exactly how I expected it to be: A pretty much 50/50 split on whether it was a red or not which seeming they'll be some bias because a red card suits them isn't really a surprise. But in typical NSC fashion we'll ignore the people who share the view that it wasn't a red and label all their fans idiots because they aren't sitting on their forum discussing just how great we are and how amazing our club is. All we need now is one of their fans to make a gay joke so somebody can post about "stereotypical northern inbred morons" and the checklist will be complete.

F*ck me we have some precious fans.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a debatable decision that turns on the ref's interpretation of "serious foul play" and "endangering safety".
It's debatable in the same way that it's debatable that there was a game between Brighton and Middlesbrough.

It very very clearly wasn't serious foul play. Both players raised their feet to around thigh height. One of those players was very late, and it's not clear they were even looking at the ball in the first place. And because that player was late, and not wearing proper shin pads, he got badly cut.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The FA look after their own and simply won't leave themselves open to criticism due to the importance of the game and an admission that a key decision was a mistake.
They will get more criticism if they don't overturn it. Overturning it sends the message that they're a fair organisation that's trying to do the right thing. Everyone already knows that humans make mistakes, and refereeing is a tough job so of course mistakes happen. To uphold it would be a disgrace.

Time to move on
No it ****ing isn't. It's time to ****ing stand up for ourselves and make it known that the decision cost us the chance of automatic promotion, and that the FA should do the right thing.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They will get more criticism if they don't overturn it. Overturning it sends the message that they're a fair organisation that's trying to do the right thing. Everyone already knows that humans make mistakes, and refereeing is a tough job so of course mistakes happen. To uphold it would be a disgrace.

No it ****ing isn't. It's time to ****ing stand up for ourselves and make it known that the decision cost us the chance of automatic promotion, and that the FA should do the right thing.
Absolutely agree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on Trig... well said, it was a ****ing awful decision in an absolutely crucial game...

quizzicaleyebrow

Mar 10, 2011
It's debatable in the same way that it's debatable that there was a game between Brighton and Middlesbrough.

Well, in this context I was using "debatable" as in "not a clear-cut unarguable sending off" to illustrate that the option of an extra ban probably wouldn't apply.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, in this context I was using "debatable" as in "not a clear-cut unarguable sending off" to illustrate that the option of an extra ban probably wouldn't apply.
And I'm using my example as in 'it's clear-cut unarguable that it shouldn't have been a sending off'.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm unsure if carry over when we get promoted as PL is a separate competition?

Suspensions in domestic football are not just served in the competition in which they were incurred, they apply to ALL first team matches (and carry over into the next season, if necessary).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here