Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This season

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Yeah, Sims got shut down about a year ago. They're building flats on that plot I think. Did you go to Holmesdale school?(my kids go there)

Yes, yes he does. Strange little place - he's 4 doors up from me.

(best carry on with this off line, it's probably boring everyone else)

I used to live in Reigate.....kids went to the old Holmesdale school,then two of them went to the Priory!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I used to live in Reigate.....kids went to the old Holmesdale school,then two of them went to the Priory!!
I've got one in each school (as of tomorrow). Croydon Seagull also went there when the school was still on Holmesdale Road.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not really no. You have to see how the 11 soccer flids are playing to actually appreciate how bad things are and Im worried.

Im afraid the opinions of NSC and Naylor are not really relevant.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does anyone else share my gut feeling that our season started in the second half at Millwall, Slade will start to play Dicker (at last) and that we're going to coast past Wycombe and climb up the table in September?

I don't know why, but I'm still optimistic about *this* season and that a play off place is still well within reach. We just need to get into a winning habit.

I share your optimism. We have the makings of a good squad/team. One thing that I believe has affected us this season is the lack of reserve games which would have got a few of our walking wounded match fit much quicker. Strange as it sounds, now the stiffs are playing again I expect our 1st team season to get moving in the right direction pretty soon.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think we'll be fine. We need a fit left back and Dicker needs to start. Our best line up is probably somethng along the lines of:

Kuipers
Whing
Tunnicliffe
Virgo/Elphick
McNulty
Bennett
Dicker
Crofts
Cox
Dickinson
Forster

You then have Murray, Hart, Davies (x2), Navarro, McLeod, Thornhill, Smith (x2), El Abd and probably others I have forgotten . That's a decent side/squad at this level.

I would have loved to have seen an old head at the back sign. We miss Butters experience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did that on my first trip to Amsterdam. After walking from the station to where I thought The Centrum hotel was I couldn't find it so walked round the block again and ended back at the station. I then decided to get a taxi to The Centrum which again went round pretty much the same block before deliverying me 10 or so yards from where I'd given up my search in the first place (the hotel being literally round the corner). However I didn't mind the wasted time and euros because the young Dutch taxi driver was playing Africa by Toto and when me and my mate Andy started singing along in the back he said "hey, you like Toto eh boys?", cranked it up and joined in the singalong. This remains one of the most strangely uplifting moments of my life.

A most uplifting tale, HJ.
I've spent many an hour wandering aimlessly round the Dam, but I never felt like it was time wasted. A few years ago, on leaving one of their famour cafés one hazy summer afternoon, I happened across a pigeon the size of a four year old child, dragging a dustbin lid along the sidewalk perilously close to the canals edge. The pigeon was incredibly tame and allowed me to lift it gently from the ground and desposit it safely in the dustbin, where I carefully replaced the lid and was on my way.

Wonderful city.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have NEVER been to Amsterdam :( and I feel all the poorer for it as well.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

Does anyone else share my gut feeling that our season started in the second half at Millwall, Slade will start to play Dicker (at last) and that we're going to coast past Wycombe and climb up the table in September?

I don't know why, but I'm still optimistic about *this* season and that a play off place is still well within reach. We just need to get into a winning habit.

nope,top 10 at best,and its what most realistic bhafc fans would say also.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have NEVER been to Amsterdam :( and I feel all the poorer for it as well.

Only time I went to Amsterdam, I arrived at night, found a parking spot beside a canal. Locked up and went on the town with my mates thinking we would have no trouble finding the car beside a canal, how simple could that be? Spent all our money that evening, so couldn't afford a hotel (days before credit cards, and I was poor). Decided we'd kip in the car, took 3 fecking hours to find the bugger, by which time the excesses of the night had worn off. Great place though I've never been back.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here