Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This season so far

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Who here is happy with the progress the team has made so far this season?

I for one am happy with our league position and our cup performances have been quality.

what are your thoughts

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The season as a whole can't really be described as 'mediocre'. Most of the games this season, we have either been pretty good or bloody awful.

Thankfully, the bi-polar performance swing is on the up at the moment, so let's hope it settles down to staying like that.

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Two shocking performances (Blackpool and Crewe) aside I'm delighted with the progress. A bit of consistency and we will be a good shout for a play off place. Really happy with the young players and the way Wilkins handles the side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Our form away from home has pleased me. We have played some tough games and won some extremely well.

Our home form still worries me and our recent cup exploits may paper over the cracks. If I was offered 11th at the start of the season and a few victories in the cups then I would have taken it.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Barrel of Fun said:
Our form away from home has pleased me. We have played some tough games and won some extremely well.

Our home form still worries me and our recent cup exploits may paper over the cracks. If I was offered 11th at the start of the season and a few victories in the cups then I would have taken it.

spot on

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I expected us to be slightly higher midtable than we are, albeit with a different manager. So I'm pleased with our current position given the angst of the change in manager and the general unpleasantness at the time. I am f***ing delighted with how we are going and it seems Uncle Dick has pulled yet another rabbit out of the hat to dumbfound all his critics of recent months, me being one of them.

Well chuffed :clap: :clap:

This season was always going to be about surviving at this level but hoping for better, we seem to be meeting that target comfortably...at the moment.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm just pleased Wilkins is starting to prove wrong all the people who thought he was'nt up to the job and it would ruin his career in football.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:

Agree with that although we haven't really had any league games since Wilkins changes really started to come into affect and the 'revival' started. Tranmere will be an interesting measure of well we can do this season. We haven't done that well at home and they are a good side who have been in and around the top 6 all season, if we win then we will be up to the top 6 ourselves and looking good for the rest of the season.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We wont go down with a degree of comfort so Im happy, still think the Play offs are unlikely, although the Tranmere game is a biggy in measuring whether we are outsiders to sneak in there.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
As prevously stated. The game on sat will be a graet barometer of how far we have come.

Our home league form really must improve if we are to get anywhere this season but isnt it great getting excited about our team again

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The crunch will come when we lose our loan signings and start to suffer injuries and suspensions. We didn't do too badly without Whing & Bowditch on Sat but Cox & Hammond must be close to 5 bookings.

One big plus is the way that Wilkins has got Robinson playing with confidence. If we can get another 15 goals from him then we'll be comfortable in higher mid-table and pushing a playoff spot.

At the moment I'm far more confident about the season than pessimistic - which wasn't the case 6 weeks ago.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think the season has gone rather well.We have a team full of kids who are improving,a new and exciting manager.Plus we are still in two cup Comps.The play-offs are still achievable as well.If not next season looks very rosy if we can keep our youngsters.Hopefully Falmer is just around the corner now

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's been alright. I can't say i've enjoyed THAT MANY of our performances though.

That said, things look like they're going to get a whole lot better.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Withdean Wanderer said:
It's been alright. I can't say i've enjoyed THAT MANY of our performances though.

That said, things look like they're going to get a whole lot better.

Try going to away matches then:)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
algie said:
Try going to away matches then:)

Er, i've been to three, and i'm going to our next two.

Forest - we were good for about 35 mins, then went to pieces.

Millwall - a scrappy game, hard to judge as we only had ten men for most of it. FANTASTIC result, but i didn't really enjoy WATCHING the football.

Bradford - FANTASTIC game, FANTASTIC performance (aside from a 20 minute spell that they dominated). FANTASTIC result.

At home, what games have i enjoyed? Well, the cup games have been a laugh, and spanking Orient was fun. Gillingham was alright I suppose. Other than that though, we've been GRIM.

So I think 'alright' is a fair assesment.
:glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here