Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This priority for away games rubbish

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
fatboy said:
As many people have said, season ticket holders get priority over home tickets.

There should also be an away season ticket or some sort of loyalty scheme were regular away travellers - ie those who travel all over the country every other week, not those who can only be bothered to travel to Reading, QPR and any big or important game we might have - get priority over away tickets.

It happens at many other clubs with decent support, and it happens for England games.

The club will never implement it as they do not want to piss of the fair weather fans who they hppe to fill Falmer in the years to come.

God help us if we ever have 22,000 home fans and have to allocate away tickets fairly.

.. and I can't wait for the complaining on here when someone whose been going away for years is put on the same level as someone just starting out !

Club can't win. I tend to agree with the away loyalty thing (I think) - as long as they get the same priority as season ticket holders for away games.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the away support when we get the new stadium.

Would anyone like to predict ?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Rangdo said:
I won't take it personally. If it means that much to you I'll pm them to you but it's not really that relevant. I've supported the club for 15 odd years but if a new fan gets a ticket over me then I'll just hope that they'll turn into a fully fledged supporter. If we don't attract newbies, and Spurs and Cardiff are perfect opportunities, then how can we ever expect to fill even half of Falmer. As Clapham Gull says a free for all is fairest.

Why can't these new fans go to the rest of the games that do not sell out - including pretty much every game at Withdean this season.

Cardiff is not a perfect example. Cardiff was a one off. I very much doubt we will play anywhere for a long time where we can take 30,000+ fans.

As I suspected, you are against loyalty schemes as it will reduce the chances of you getting a ticket for the "big games" where demand exceeds supply.

Supporters who follow the Albion away every week should not lose out on tickets for "big games" to people who can only be bothered to go if it is a "big game."

I remember when I first started watching Brighton away trying hard to tickets for some of the (haha) big games at the time where tickets sold out; Barnet springs to mind. I couldn't always get tickets so I started going to away games where it wouldn't sell out; Macclesfield also springs to mind.

There is no reason why other "new fans" can't do this.

And don't bleat on about how much it costs. It can be just as cheap to travel up north as it is to travel to London, particularly taking into account ticket prices at games such as Spurs.

Bedtime.

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here