Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This new "Reputation" thing

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This is very dangerous, could lead to cyber bullying of some posters.

:nono:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Brown-nosing levels will shoot through the roof, and it'll reinforce accusations of cliques.
That is a fantastic point Billy, well thought out and well made. This forum could do with more posters like you sir, I salute you.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When I first went on-line in 1996 I avoided NSC for a couple of years as I thought it would just be full of geeky twats (15 year old Plymouth fans for example). Then when I did finally take a look I found it wasn't that bad and the people on it weren't in fact geeky twats. Not so sure I wasn't right originally ...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was something a few people requested on my "If you ran NSC, what would you do" thread, so I turned it on last night.

I'll give the specifics later, but in brief you click the star below someone's name and choose to give them positive or negative reputation if you feel their post warrants it.

The weight of what you give is based on many things such as length of time you've been registered, number of posts etc. In short - if you're a long-standing frequent user, it is deemed that your view is likely to hold more weight than someone who has recently joined.

So, for example I noticed last night that BoF currently has a 'reputation power' of 47, so if he votes on you, then you gain (or lose) 47 points. By contrast a new user (and complete newbies are not allowed to vote) will only give (or takeaway) 1 point.

The green pips are an indication of your reputation - obviously we've all only got 1 now as it's only just been turned on. The words, such as 'on a distinguished road' are the default vBulletin words - I'll probably Albion-ise them when I have time so they're more relevant.

Or, if it all turns out to be crap, I'll turn it off again.

G to the A to the Y

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This is very dangerous, could lead to cyber bullying of some posters.

:nono:

I don't think it will. If you spam or annoy everyone you'll get negged. If you don't the chances are you won't.And to add to that, Bozza can see what's being written if he recieves a complaint so that should deter bullying. And it can be switched off.

It's OK.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Poor brightonmark1234 is going to get hammered by his wolf-pack of idiotic bullies...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poor brightonmark1234 is going to get hammered by his wolf-pack of idiotic bullies...
He will - I'm starting a campaign to give him positive Rep to balance it out.
just posting so you can turn my pips red,like the one boring philsussex has on the BBS.
I hope some Palace fans get positive rep. Somehow I don't think you'll be one of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How low do you need to get before you are shown red. I note I'm already down.

Thanks Vulture :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This will be a 5 minute wonder :p unless you can cash them in for loyalty points

*lights touch paper and steps back*

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think this is a pretty good idea as a substitute to turning off the post counts, as this way when members post rumours we can see how much bullshitting they've done in the past.

Just glad this wasn't in force the other day when I posted my Anarchy in the UK Brighton song suggestion, which no one seemed to like. :wink:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I like it, understated but effective, only concern is that the star doesn't exaclty draw your eye but maybe that's a good thing?

as I said on the other thread - it's as easy to find as the G-spot (although possibly not as rewarding) :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here