Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This looks like a dead cert way to make money

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
tip@nasrda.gov.ng

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
people are so generous these days

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I get about ten of these a day... Wish they'd come up with some original approach.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo.
Thats a bit harsh innit.
"Apologies Comrade Abacha, but we've got this box of rocks to take back to Earth, and the only place for them is your seat. Your Nigerian brothers will sort something out, I'm sure. Peace be with you. Adios."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: This looks like a dead cert way to make money

Easy 10 said:
Thats a bit harsh innit.
"Apologies Comrade Abacha, but we've got this box of rocks to take back to Earth, and the only place for them is your seat. Your Nigerian brothers will sort something out, I'm sure. Peace be with you. Adios."

:lolol: :lolol:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Re: Re: This looks like a dead cert way to make money

Easy 10 said:
Thats a bit harsh innit.

Surely he could have them on his lap?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: This looks like a dead cert way to make money

seagull4life said:
Surely he could have them on his lap?
Absolutely. I'm CERTAIN there would have been some other solution, rather than abandoning the fella to the empty blackness of space for the next 16 years. No wonder he wants to come home now - what if he's left the gas on ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: This looks like a dead cert way to make money

Easy 10 said:
Absolutely. I'm CERTAIN there would have been some other solution, rather than abandoning the fella to the empty blackness of space for the next 16 years. No wonder he wants to come home now - what if he's left the gas on ?

Surely they will only weigh down on him once they hit the earths atmosphere aswell.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
The amount of effort they put into coming up with these stories surely it is easier to become a novelist or script writer.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Substitute said:
this is money laundering and is funding terrorism in the third world.

i would report it to authorities!

I thought this was getting the details to your account so they could rinse you.

Substitute

Banned
Sep 20, 2006
Les Biehn said:
I thought this was getting the details to your account so they could rinse you.

no i doubt that is even possible to be honest, they basically get you to pay cash into accounts you set up for them, giving you a cut for your troubles.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Substitute said:
no i doubt that is even possible to be honest, they basically get you to pay cash into accounts you set up for them, giving you a cut for your troubles.

Sweet, lets do it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: This looks like a dead cert way to make money

Easy 10 said:
what if he's left the gas on ?

That must be what the money is for - with the current price of gas his bill is going to be ENORMOUS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Substitute said:

Blimey. I didn't think people existed who actually believed they'd be given some money by one of these.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Bozza said:
Blimey. I didn't think people existed who actually believed they'd be given some money by one of these.

There must be poeple who beleive it or these peo-le wouldn't bother sending the emails.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Where has he been DEFECATING since 1979?

He'll be shocked at what's happened to the "Team of the 80s" when he comes back *snigger*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here