Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't healthy. Or is it?

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Pavilionaire said:
Why did that sort of thing not happen when I was single?

Indeed. Whenever I'm attached it seems I have a big sign over my head encouraging ladies* to come over and flirt (and it's not an obvious sign like a wedding ring as I've never been married).

For some reason this sign disappears as soon as I'm single.

*well one or two ladies anyway

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
You have to consider the 25 year old's feelings too, perhaps she thought you were single...it's not nice being led on!! :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
virgirlo said:
You have to consider the 25 year old's feelings too, perhaps she thought you were single...it's not nice being led on!! :nono:
I didn't hide my wedding ring!!

But seriously, thanks for replying to my post, it's genuinely a very good thing to get a female perspective on these issues. Could I have your phone number please, and we'll discuss it further. There's a great wine bar just round the corner from my office.

;)

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Pavilionaire said:
After a couple of minutes chat I drove off, but it really messed with my head. Why did that sort of thing not happen when I was single?

What is it with that?! When i was in a long term relationship- up til november 2004- whenever i went out without her id seem to get opportunities to pull all the time, or a group of girls would come and chat to us, etc.

For about a month after i split up with my ex i got quite lucky- but i was in that 'f*** it' mode going out all the time etc. However, since then now im the one 'looking for it', as it were, things dried up big time!! WHY does that happen?!?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hove&Albion F.C said:

For about a month after i split up with my ex i got quite lucky- but i was in that 'f*** it' mode going out all the time etc. However, since then now im the one 'looking for it', as it were, things dried up big time!! WHY does that happen?!?

They can smell the lubricant on you.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Highfields Seagull said:
Indeed. Whenever I'm attached it seems I have a big sign over my head encouraging ladies* to come over and flirt (and it's not an obvious sign like a wedding ring as I've never been married).

For some reason this sign disappears as soon as I'm single.

*well one or two ladies anyway

You guys are daft sometimes, heres the answer why this happens....

(a) You're happily attached - you go out various places and you have a smile on your face, you dress well due to feeling good, you are relatively content with life as you're getting a shag, and females think what a nice happy guy, he looks like good fun so I'll have a chat and see.....oops - sorry didn't see the girlfriend on her way back from the loo/chatting with mates...

(b) You're single - you spend your evenings out prowling the room/pub/bar for anything in a skirt worth pulling, you're dressing like a pimp/stud, haven't had a shag in months, have jumped in the aftershave bottle and swum around.....most females will look and think - gaawwwd look at him - I'd never go out with someone who spends their time checking out every other female in the room - and besides I can't get within 10 feet of him for the smell....

here ends the lesson.....we can spot you a mile away.....best piece of advice I was ever given - when you're not looking, it will turn up...applies to anything really....

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
tedebear said:

(a) You're happily attached - you go out various places and you have a smile on your face, you dress well due to feeling good, you are relatively content with life as you're getting a shag, and females think what a nice happy guy, he looks like good fun so I'll have a chat and see.....oops - sorry didn't see the girlfriend on her way back from the loo/chatting with mates...

(b) You're single - you spend your evenings out prowling the room/pub/bar for anything in a skirt worth pulling, you're dressing like a pimp/stud, haven't had a shag in months, have jumped in the aftershave bottle and swum around.....most females will look and think - gaawwwd look at him - I'd never go out with someone who spends their time checking out every other female in the room - and besides I can't get within 10 feet of him for the smell....

here ends the lesson.....we can spot you a mile away.....best piece of advice I was ever given - when you're not looking, it will turn up...applies to anything really....

This is true...most single men are really not appealing to single girls :clap:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
eastlondonseagull said:
Er, I'd just like to say I'm, er, married with six kids :p

obviously the married and 6 kids isn't appealing :glare: , just the fact that a married man seems to be more presentable and definitely less smelly!!

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
tedebear said:

Girls eh, where would us lads be without them! :drink:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
tedebear said:

But honestly tedebear thanks for that- i don't really dress any differently now im single again, or wear more aftershave- but i do definately have a habit of 'prowling the dancefloor' as it were after a few drinks.

So.. the trick is to act :cool: stick with your mates making sure you look like you're enjoying yourself whilst trying not to let on that you're desperate! Gotcha! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here