Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] This Is One For Allotment Buffs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly this ^

If you want to get a bit creative, build a false wall in front of the back of the inside of the shed and store your most valuable stuff behind that. It would need to be a pretty big shed to fit a mower behind a false wall though. But a strimmer should work out ok.

Great minds, I thought about doing that in our long garage, with our bikes and power tools kept behind a false wall.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Great minds, I thought about doing that in our long garage, with our bikes and power tools kept behind a false wall.

Now much as I'm enjoying watching the DIY experts discussion (being a complete DIY disaster myself), If I remember correctly, my last strimmer cost £15 from B&Q :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now much as I'm enjoying watching the DIY experts discussion (being a complete DIY disaster myself), If I remember correctly, my last strimmer cost £15 from B&Q :wink:

Protecting my £1,000 bike focuses the mind. Quite a few overnight thefts round here over the last 5+ years, one neighbour’s excellent CCTV captured the scummers. One bloke from one of the Lewes Road estates (that’s how the police described him), got a long prison sentence. A career larcenist.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Larcenist is a term I haven't heard in a looooong while.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Protecting my £1,000 bike focuses the mind. Quite a few overnight thefts round here over the last 5+ years, one neighbour’s excellent CCTV captured the scummers. One bloke from one of the Lewes Road estates (that’s how the police described him), got a long prison sentence. A career larcenist.

I know, I live round the corner remember ? But if had a shed on an allotment I wouldn't leave anything more than a £15 strimmer in it :shrug:

And, I have quite a few friends who live on Lewes Road estates, the huge majority of whom could be trusted with a £15 Strimmer ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know, I live round the corner remember ? But if had a shed on an allotment I wouldn't leave anything more than a £15 strimmer in it :shrug:

And, I have quite a few friends who live on Lewes Road estates, the huge majority of whom could be trusted with a £15 Strimmer ???

How could ever forget, or your verbal assault on Timmy?

With ‘acquisitive’ folk who don’t want to work for a living and harsh lessons learnt from a couple of past thefts, I don’t leave anything lying around at the front or in our cars.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
just hop on the train and look out the window.

I overheard 2 yanks on the train a few years back, as we went past some allotments, one asked the other what the little patches of land were, his mate replied "subsistence farming" which shocked the first guy, who asked if he was joking, he said "no, really, there are people that poor here".

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I overheard 2 yanks on the train a few years back, as we went past some allotments, one asked the other what the little patches of land were, his mate replied "subsistence farming" which shocked the first guy, who asked if he was joking, he said "no, really, there are people that poor here".

Americans....:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here