Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is on its way to Portsmouth seemly

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I remember being on holiday in Magaluf and the US Saratoga was given shore leave - leathal

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...there is plenty of room for jokes about a hole being filled up with American seamen...but none come readily to mind!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
They are so big they cant get into the Harbour, they have to sit out in Stokes Bay. Was lucky enough to get a tour round one down there a few years back. VERY inpressive.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can just see the IOW in the background.

web_030507-N-4953E-010.jpg

So how does that float then

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I saw the USS Ronald Reagan and USS Nimitz in San Diego harbor last year and can confirm that yes they are freakin huge.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its here now

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw the USS Ronald Reagan and USS Nimitz in San Diego harbor last year and can confirm that yes they are freakin huge.

They are monumental aren't they, San Diego is the base for the US Pacific fleet, and if you're lucky, you can watch all the sailors going for their morning runs on Coronado Beach :love:

According to Wikipedia, the USS Ronald Reagan carries 5,500 sailors and displaces about 95,000 tonnes of water when fully loaded :ohmy:

The Eisenhower is nuclear powered, interestingly- I'm surprised there isn't a large contingent of protestors waiting to greet the ship...although I suppose the people of Portsmouth tend to be grateful for whatever tthey can get, and are in no position to complain.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know Portmouth has its knockers but the harbour is fantastic. Sitting outside the Still & West, pint in hand, watching that trying to get in the harbour would be excellent.

7615f8e939ebfcaeec561b5d0e63dfe5.jpg

I lived in Southsea for a short while and that was my local. A very pleasant place to live, right on the seafront with plenty of open space, minimal traffic and good views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here