Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is going to be loud - The Cult, The Mission & Killing Joke

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Cult with The Mission and Killing Joke at Wembley Arena, 16 September, now that will be noisy.

For those that haven't heard, The Cult - Sonic Temple album, a masterclass.

For those that don't recall, The Mission - Gods Own Medicine album, :thumbsup:

For those who didn't know they still existed, Killing Jokes 2003 self titled album, possibly their best ever.

punk:punk:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
She's Sell Sanctury - best intro of any song ever?

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Saw the Killing Joke in Exeter 2 weeks ago and they're in good shape, new album out in a few weeks time. Saw the Cult in Brighton around 85ish on the Electric tour

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
good shout,i shall try and attend.

Missin -like a child again ,absolute classic.
Yep sonic temple is fantastic.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Definitely up there with The Cure's In Between Days.
The one that sounds exactly like New Order?

Union City Blue by Blondie also has an amazing intro. Perhaps this should be a different thread...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw the Killing Joke in Exeter 2 weeks ago and they're in good shape, new album out in a few weeks time. Saw the Cult in Brighton around 85ish on the Electric tour

I saw The Cult on the Love Tour at the Top Rank and the Dome on the Electric tour. Both great albums. I saw The Ramones at the Top Rank a few weeks either before or after The Cult was well.

Aug 15, 2003
Falkirk, Scotland
Yep, saw Killing Joke just over a week ago in Glasgow. Definately on form and loud. Pity there was a power cut and they could play for an hour only. Playing plenty of older stuff along with stuff from the last album (released 2010) and the latest album due out very shortly and you can order now. This is the original line up.

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Went to see Killing Joke on Friday in Pompey, first time in 26 years. They were great, original line up bar Drummer.

Saw the Cult 2 yrs ago at the Royal Albert Hall Just brilliant

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone remember the KJ appearance on TOTP, the bassist or guitarist had just walked out on them, so they got a bloke in the audience on stage, put a huge brass diving helmet on him, gave him a guitar and told him to strum along with the mine.

That was KJ wasn't it, or was I off my nut on something?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone remember the KJ appearance on TOTP, the bassist or guitarist had just walked out on them, so they got a bloke in the audience on stage, put a huge brass diving helmet on him, gave him a guitar and told him to strum along with the mine.

That was KJ wasn't it, or was I off my nut on something?

I'll have some of what you've had :lol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I'll have some of what you've had :lol:

I knew there was something, here you go. Empire Song, 1982, it was the Jaz, the singer/keyboard player, he ran off to Iceland just before the show was due to be recorded. Hence a bloke with some sort of headgear chucked on stage to pretend to be him (might have been a roadie)

[yt]IFqKoM3Gc4s[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here