This Is Englang '86 - C4 22:00 hrs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The best drama for ages

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Along with others that was powerful stuff and shot just right in slow mo, It sent shivers up my spine. With the twist of the Nazi Skin showing that even people with extreme views have feelings and can show remorse for past acts and then step up to the plate when required. 9/10

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Thank fug that's over - no more of that drippy tall bloke going "Oooohhh maaate" every ten seconds. Absolutely ridiculous character. As if Lol would have been interested in such a plank. Ex-leader of a gang of skins - give me a fugging break NSC will ya!!! Well will ya!?!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Stephen Graham was really good in last night's episode.

All round I thought the series was pretty good, let down by some of the woeful acting in the first two episodes.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Haven't seen last nights so I'll watch it on v plus later. Last weeks was a bit strong what with the rape scene and that. Took the shine off a 3 nil win over Poland for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really hope they do another series..
As said, there will be 2 more series, surrounding the events of the World Cup, 1990 & 1994.
The '90 one is likely to be spot on, as that is Meadows 'era'.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
I thought some of the acting was skimmy in places, but apart from that I thought it was one of the best things I have seen on British TV. It had everything that makes a great drama. Well done Shane Meadows on a truly great series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has this been confirmed? Brilliant news, did not know that.

It's what they want to do, and was spoken about as a done deal.
I can't see why they would pull the plug now as it's been so well received.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
that was f*cking scary tv. I almost phoned the rape no. at the end as I felt seriously violated.

Brilliant series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shane Meadows has confirmed This Is England 88, will be a 2 hour 'one off special', set over the Christmas, of that year.
Followed by This Is England 90, which will be a 6 programme series.

He's then going on to make a film about Tommy Simpson, which I can't wait for, already. :banana: :clap2: :rave:

Tom Simpson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Shane Meadows has confirmed This Is England 88, will be a 2 hour 'one off special', set over the Christmas, of that year.
Followed by This Is England 90, which will be a 6 programme series.

He's then going on to make a film about Tommy Simpson, which I can't wait for, already. :banana: :clap2: :rave:

Tom Simpson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure the Simpson film is confirmed yet, but it's a great story in the making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here