Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Is Englang '86 - C4 22:00 hrs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A 4 part follow up to the original film and looks well worth watching...........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah deffo (what a Wednesday night Beachy!).

I was reading an interview with SM, who stated it all begins quite 'light', until half why through the series when Stephen Graham arrives.
At which point it takes on a whole new perspective.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Looks quality, anyone watch the movie last night on channel 4?

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Really looking forward to it, The film was great - IMHO Meadows is the UK's best Director. If anyone hasnt seen Dead Mans Shoes, do so as quickly as possible it is amazing.

Also Meadows is a really top bloke, i bumped in to him in a bar in Nottingham and he was more than happy to chat amiably and at some length about his films and directing in general.

Cant wait for tonight @10.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Will be watching - is it on every Tuesday for the next 4 weeks? Or the next 4 nights? Hopefully the latter ...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4 weeks, I can't believe I got all my day wrong, and missed the film, last night.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah i'm gonna watch it. Wasn't in love with the characters from This is England, but Turgoose should be funny to watch and i suppose we'll see if that one girl has more than just a fringe now.
I wonder whether over time we'll get partly amusing but disturbing segments of Meadows' life put on tv every 5 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah i'm gonna watch it. Wasn't in love with the characters from This is England, but Turgoose should be funny to watch and i suppose we'll see if that one girl has more than just a fringe now.
I wonder whether over time we'll get partly amusing but disturbing segments of Meadows' life put on tv every 5 years.

He's doing it over 12 years, surrounding the World Cups. 86 90 & 94, in 3 separate series.

Meadows has said 1990 will be 'the one', absolutely slap back in the middle of shane's World.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's doing it over 12 years, surrounding the World Cups. 86 90 & 94, in 3 separate series.

Meadows has said 1990 will be 'the one', absolutely slap back in the middle of shane's World.

So we'll get the next instalment in 4 years, allowing the actors who survive to age?
Blimey o'reilly i hope there's enough racism in there to keep us all interested for long enough. I suppose with it being around World Cups there should be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The talk on 5-live this afternoon, was that the race card isn't really played on, although obviously it's there.
More social comparisons between then and now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here we go and no add breaks as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What the f*** ? They said no advert breaks and now there is one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here