Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Is England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have to say this is by far one of the best films for quite a while.

All about my era, just so great.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Pretty cool soundtrack as well. On permanent playlist on the IPOD, dialogue included! The scene in the cafe after the haircut is amusing, seeing them all squirming when confronted with an angry mother!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Excuse my ignorance, as i watched it coming back from Vegas on a night flight but did the half cast bloke get killed in the end?

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Excuse my ignorance, as i watched it coming back from Vegas on a night flight but did the half cast bloke get killed in the end?

Yeah, he got killed by conrad I think his name was?!?!
The big bald nutter one:smokin:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jeez, just robbed the Asian shop with a machete

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dead Man's Shoes is a great film as well.

It's just a shame that some councils wouldn't allow this film to be seen by 15-18 year olds, as was intended by the director.

Which is why the cast are around that age

We're doing it as obe of case studys for as media studies

Last edited:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Good but not that authentic and not a patch on 'A room for romeo brass' and 'Dead Man' shoes' which are far better films IMO.

The film should have been great but got too many details wrong for me. Skinhead culture in the early 80's was much more into Oi and bands like Sham and the Cockney Rejects. The whole Ska/reggae thing was much more late 60's early 70's. Two tone was more the late 70's and had really died out in Skinhead terms by 81/82. i remember going to a Sham gig in 82 and it being full of Skins and kicking off everywhere.

Also the group hug scene after they've smashed up the house didn't ring true for me. I found the scenes of the young lad copping off with a much older girl unbeleivable, always seemed to be girls going out with older blokes at that age. The actors all had different accents yet were meant to come from the same town. Thought Stephen Graham was excellent as was the kid.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mega DVD - great stuff

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The film should have been great but got too many details wrong for me. Skinhead culture in the early 80's was much more into Oi and bands like Sham and the Cockney Rejects. The whole Ska/reggae thing was much more late 60's early 70's. Two tone was more the late 70's and had really died out in Skinhead terms by 81/82. i remember going to a Sham gig in 82 and it being full of Skins and kicking off everywhere.

Spot on there mate, I'd like to add Angelic Upstarts to the 80's too.
I went to see Sham 69 at the Top Rank around 78-79 I think it was. I shit myself as I wasn't a skinhead, or even a suede head, & was therefore a target!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here