Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This inept Government are starting to really

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
piss me off, they bang on about the state of the countries finances, plan cutbacks after cutbacks, yet seem to find a spare £134m to send to Pakistan!!

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
We always send money to countries who have disaters, its not just this govenment. But i do agree with you.Would be much better being spent in this country! Sorry if some think this is unfair, but they would not send us a bloody penny if we where to have diaster.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
better still why dont the government give more compensation to the people blown up by terrorists that have been trained in Pakistan

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
More worrying is the millions spent on the Pope's visit. Total waste of our taxes, the majority of people in this country don't give a shit about the old fool.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
£134million is nothing. Will hardly be noticed and would have already been budgeted for. There is nothing wrong with supporting impoverished children in another country, it's what makes Britain great.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't know for sure, but I did hear the ohter day that we still send aid to China, as we have done for decades, even thought it will shortly be the biggest aconomy in the world.

Never mind, we'll be a third-world country soon, so it will all be heading back in our direction soon.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
More worrying is the millions spent on the Pope's visit. Total waste of our taxes, the majority of people in this country don't give a shit about the old fool.

All the attempts to kick homophobia out of football and our country spends millions celebrating the leader of homophobia

Dandyman

In London village.
I thought the cash was to sort out the next Test Match. :ohmy:

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Millions of innocent Pakistanis face imminent danger of disease and are currently homeless. I think we can spare a bit of small change for the sake of humanity.

Any official aid will be given to the Pakistani government. That country is currently spending hundreds of millions of pounds on a nuclear weapons programme. So if you feel indirectly subsidizing one of the most corrupt governments on the planet and its warmongering aspirations is a good thing then I would be surprised. None of this (or precious little) will actually get to the intended victims, but it will earn brownie points with an increasingly powerful Islamic business elite, especially in this country.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Terrible, terrible attempt at trolling. Must try harder.

That's what I was thinking.

Having a boring Monday? start a Bin Fest that will drag out the usual posters / Racial overtones.

I reckon 4 pages before it is locked?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saw the thread title and expected some sort of intelligent debate but see that the original poster just happens to be xenophobic.

Blame the previous mob for these cutbacks

We wouldn't be having these cutbacks if the previous Government hadn't had to bail out the banks.

The cutbacks would also not have been so severe had Labour won or if the Liberals hadn't done a complete U-turn on their manifesto. As far as I am aware, no other nation has chosen to go down the route of eliminating their deficit within a five year period and that includes many nations whose economy is, statistically, worse off than our own.

Government budgets are, broadly speaking, looking at a 25% cut. Take HMRC for example. Recently reported that uncollected taxes amount to a whopping £42b and that is up by about 10% from the previous year. The reason is almost certainly due to the fact that the dept is understaffed, caused by Labour and now about to be exacerbated by the Tory cutbacks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Government budgets are, broadly speaking, looking at a 25% cut. Take HMRC for example. Recently reported that uncollected taxes amount to a whopping £42b and that is up by about 10% from the previous year. The reason is almost certainly due to the fact that the dept is understaffed, caused by Labour and now about to be exacerbated by the Tory cutbacks.

So this is to a significant degree Pompey's fault?? :angry: :rant:

:lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Before everyone starts panicking,no-one knows what the cuts will be and how it will affect 'life as we know it'.
IMHO,whatever ones political views,cuts are inevitable and it is only right that the 'sacred' public sector face reality like the private sector has had to do since the year dot!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
what a knob the thread starter is a sad labour troll...its labours fault the country is in a mess

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
what a knob the thread starter is a sad labour troll...its labours fault the country is in a mess
f*** me I've just literaly spat tea over my key board :clap2: I f***ing hate Labour with a passion, have never voted for them and never will, most people on here know me as a Tory boy, I think my avatar was the Conservative tree for about two years :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here