Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This fixtures thing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
can we stop it now , it was funny for the first year now can we move on . It's like the people that post this literally have no sense of humours so say the same joke over and over.

If I knew someone who told the same joke he heard at school over and over again I would think he was an unoriginal twat.

It seems fixtures now gets posted when something hasnt even been posted before. It's moronic + a bit sad

que the idiots to post fixtures . . . . :)

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
it's not really posted as a joke any more, it's more just a word in the NSC vocabulary to say that "it's been heard before"

ie. This may be fixtures but did you know that palace are scum? etc

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
tommy boy said:
FIXTURES

sorry but i just HAD to do it

very original.

I dont consider myself in anyway a geek even though i post on here a fair bit , however it's with these shitty "in" jokes that re-affirm to me just how sappy some people on the internet can be.

wouldn't happen in the real world now would it

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Dougal said:
very original.

I dont consider myself in anyway a geek even though i post on here a fair bit , however it's with these shitty "in" jokes that re-affirm to me just how sappy some people on the internet can be.

wouldn't happen in the real world now would it

But it does all the time! All groups of mates have their own little in jokes about various stuff. It's bound to happen anywhere, so internet groups are no different. I don't think it means people or sappy or wet or geeky any more than it does in real life. Of course, taking anything too far is always going to be sad, wether in real life or on a computer.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wozza said:
Maybe people could stop repeating stuff?

Just an idea, like.

Maybe people could stop repeating stuff?

Just an idea, like.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The volume and frequency of posts on NSC mean that people often post something that has been on here before.

It's almost part of the initiation ceremony to be publicly fixture-d.

It doesn't take more than 20 or 30 seconds though to use
top_search.gif
at the top of every page in order to see if there is already something ongoing...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bozza said:
The volume and frequency of posts on NSC mean that people often post something that has been on here before.

It's almost part of the initiation ceremony to be publicly fixture-d.

It doesn't take more than 20 or 30 seconds though to use
top_search.gif
at the top of every page in order to see if there is already something ongoing...
I agree. I would like to propose that instead of 'fixtures' (which is indeed intensely irritating and nerd-like - even if the user is attempting to be ironic) we simply say a polite:

OI, TOSSER! USE THE SEARCH FACILITY TO MAKSE SURE SOME OTHER NERDY LOSER HASN'T POSTED EXACTLY THE SAME THING YOU BRAIN DEAD WANKER!

That way we can all stay friends and no one will get upset.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its often done specifically to irritate, annoy, and to provoke a reaction. Long may it continue.

:D

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Some of us are sad enough to remember when "fixtures" started - after the first Micky Adams promotion season, and there were in fact very, very few people asking in good faith when the fixtures would be out. But they've spawned a monster!

Own up. Were you one of them????

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Exactly after all it was thanks to this facility I managed to locate the Roxannes out thread!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here