Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This February weekend in 1997

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic day, I remember walking around Hove Park with all the messages of support from fans of other clubs, it was like a funeral atmosphere.

So different once inside the Ground.

The day that saved our club!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
T'was an unbelievable day. I almost felt sorry for Hartlepool in the end as to be honest, they didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of getting a result that day!

Remember the HUGE Eintracht Frankfurt (I think) flag?

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
That was a very special day, an awesome occasion.

It happened to be my first ever Albion game that I went to, and don't think I could have picked a better one!

I've still never seen a set of supporters get anywhere near behind a team as much as we did towards the end of that epic last season at The Goldstone.

Is the chap who came up with the idea lost? Someone should find him in time for the opening of The Amex.

His name's Richard Vaughan I believe.

Could it be an idea that we try to locate him (via a Plymouth forum perhaps) and try to get him to the first game at The Amex? Think the guy more than deserves his ticket.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Remember heading down not knowing what to expect, seeing more and more cars displaying other teams' colours. Got to the Dyke Road roundabout in the fog and saw a bunch of Norwich fans broken down, looking for directions to the ground...that was the moment when we realised something special was going to happen.

Working, weren't you ?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
His name's Richard Vaughan I believe.

Could it be an idea that we try to locate him (via a Plymouth forum perhaps) and try to get him to the first game at The Amex? Think the guy more than deserves his ticket.

Thats what I was thinking. Does anyone have the drive and will poer to locate him?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Wow, was just reading the Fans United chapter in BaB this morning. What a coincidence.

Apart from the symbolic side of the day, the goals kept us up, our GD was 3 better than Herefords on the final day so we owe so much to everybody for getting involved.

The guy from Plymouth was called Richard Vaughn maybe? He was 15.

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
I remember 2 Norwich fans sticking out like sore thumbs in the north stand wearing their yellow shirts, also 3 old boys leaving 15 mins early in the west seating. And i lot of chanting 'theres only one Matthew Harding'

Feb 14, 2010
I was there and at Hereford. Both special days that will stay with me, and the entire time makes me prouder to be a Brighton fan than anything the players could ever do on the pitch, and that would include a European Cup. I think what is often forgotten is that the club was on the decline since as early as 1985/6. But the asset stripping and being bottom of the entire league meant a real possibility of no Albion. The civil war had been brewing for a while but the sale of the soldstone was the declaration of war, as the board found out in the game against York. To all the BISA lads, and especially harty, attilla, samrah and the rest, we salute you. Was proud to be a Brighton foot soldier in those days. Dick Knight didnt have large amounts of cash but he did what he could and did a great job for the club. Well all except the shield, but we all make mistakes! I think that Mr Hebbard should be brought to one side and given a lecture on it for an hour or so by a "civil war" veteran so that he understands the soul of the club. I say this not to have a dig but because I think it would help him. We cant live in the past and we dont want to. However, dont ignore history, so to make the future better.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always remember Danny Baker also promoting this on 606 the week before.He really was plugging it and did us proud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here