Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Derren Brown Lottery prediction

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Keep those numbers coming, don't forget to psychically write them down, and I will work out the average, and not let know, and keep the jackpot for me :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you do it with a big enough group, you'd get 25, 25, 25, 25, 25 and 25.

Try winning with that.

(That's choosing between 1 and 49. His group were able to choose any number - large or small, negative or positive)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so... he could have fixed the lottery? more realisitc than the group conscious mumbo jumbo, which anyone can repeat. that group will have all swapped details after their meeting, and right now have the winning numbers for Saturday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so... he could have fixed the lottery? more realisitc than the group conscious mumbo jumbo, which anyone can repeat. that group will have all swapped details after their meeting, and right now have the winning numbers for Saturday.

Yes he fixed the lottery.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe the term for this is 'light entertainment'

There really is no need to get so wound up about it :angel:

i actually think tonights show was just a load of made up mumbo jumbo and it was split screen, derren brown cheated us!

I think he has lost a lot of credibility tonight as it was blindingly obvious what happened and he and his team messed up therefore discrediting the world of illusionists.

He obviously decided to BS his way through but perhaps would have been better off coming clean.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Also at about 4mins 42secs it looks like he attaches the board to something which frees up his unseen right hand and it looks like he's scribbling something cos his right arm is moving. bloody cheat!

That's a good spot! It always seemed a weird pose, and it does look like his right arm is moving - maybe putting the numbers on a duplicate set of balls?

God knows how he'd get them on to the podium though?

I wish he'd categorically dismissed the 'split screen' thing last night. If it's TV trickery, then that's just a waste of everyone's time. Any other sort of trick though would be fine - fair play to him if he's so skilled he can pull it off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If I had to bet on it, I would bet the split screen, which is a shame because I think he has far better tricks than this lottery one. His stage show on catch up tv called Derren Brown-An evening of Wonder, is far more entertaining.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If you view the video, and freeze the image at 40 seconds and 42 seconds (before and after the camera cuts away to the 2nd long camera shot) you can see that the podiums position has moved despite the hand held cameraman not moving in the cutaway shot - therefore the split screen theory is correct.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
It was misdirection and deception!!

This came to me this morning, don't know how credible it is.

When the group selected Wednesday number's, Mr. Brown "supposedly" did the working out of the numbers that the group selected. Whereas in all their practice runs, one of the team did the working out. So, in my view Derren could have selected any numbers he wanted, and placed them in his prediction tube. The group didn't know what other numbers each of them had selected, so they still believe that their group power selected all six numbers, and they will be defintely having a go at Saturday's rollover!

That's the misdirection, making the group think that they had selected the winning numbers.

Here comes the deception!!

Why has it taken a year to get this trick organised?? To get in to Camelot and "bribe" one of the crew, and do a switch of the balls. Yes, all eight sets!
That is the only way to gurantee that you select all six numbers, because the balls are slightly heavier, even though he said he didn't do it.
Security is paramount for the lottery. Supposedly is with banks too, but look how many crim's have got access to the manager's family, to create a threat. Similarly with the bit about the bloke stamping on the cups with a knife in it. A "percevied threat of danger". So, gaining power over an insider.

The other thing that could possibly take a year to work out is to find a combination of numbers that aren't picked on a regular basis, guranteeing that nobody could win the jackpot.

If you notice that the numbers were 2, 11, 23, 28, 35, 39 - Two numbers over 31 - days in a month, people select numbers by using birth dates. Also, Jackpots get won when numbers between 40 and 49 are in the draw. Note, no 40's at all.

So, that's what I think.

Not one of his better illusions. But hasn't he got us all talking it about it :p

I don't know if I want to watch next Friday's one!! He's going to stick us all to over sofas so we can't move :cry:

Think he should be brought in to Withdean to control the crowd near the end of the match, then there wouldn't be the rush, rush, rush for the bus :wink:

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
It was misdirection and deception!!

This came to me this morning, don't know how credible it is.

When the group selected Wednesday number's, Mr. Brown "supposedly" did the working out of the numbers that the group selected. Whereas in all their practice runs, one of the team did the working out. So, in my view Derren could have selected any numbers he wanted, and placed them in his prediction tube. The group didn't know what other numbers each of them had selected, so they still believe that their group power selected all six numbers, and they will be defintely having a go at Saturday's rollover!

That's the misdirection, making the group think that they had selected the winning numbers.

Here comes the deception!!

Why has it taken a year to get this trick organised?? To get in to Camelot and "bribe" one of the crew, and do a switch of the balls. Yes, all eight sets!
That is the only way to gurantee that you select all six numbers, because the balls are slightly heavier, even though he said he didn't do it.
Security is paramount for the lottery. Supposedly is with banks too, but look how many crim's have got access to the manager's family, to create a threat. Similarly with the bit about the bloke stamping on the cups with a knife in it. A "percevied threat of danger". So, gaining power over an insider.

The other thing that could possibly take a year to work out is to find a combination of numbers that aren't picked on a regular basis, guranteeing that nobody could win the jackpot.

If you notice that the numbers were 2, 11, 23, 28, 35, 39 - Two numbers over 31 - days in a month, people select numbers by using birth dates. Also, Jackpots get won when numbers between 40 and 49 are in the draw. Note, no 40's at all.

So, that's what I think.

Not one of his better illusions. But hasn't he got us all talking it about it :p

I don't know if I want to watch next Friday's one!! He's going to stick us all to over sofas so we can't move :cry:

Think he should be brought in to Withdean to control the crowd near the end of the match, then there wouldn't be the rush, rush, rush for the bus :wink:

Dude theres no way he fixed the lottery, the only explanation is the split screen theroy, also why was he even needed if the group predicted the numbers? Graham Norton could of got them together and done that! the more i think the more im convinced it was split screen, if the last ball hadn't jumped they i'd probably think different, but it did so i don't! we was all tricked by a cheap camera shot and then feed a load of bullshit last night. end of.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you view the video, and freeze the image at 40 seconds and 42 seconds (before and after the camera cuts away to the 2nd long camera shot) you can see that the podiums position has moved despite the hand held cameraman not moving in the cutaway shot - therefore the split screen theory is correct.

Can't see that at all. If you mean it's lined up differently against the background, because of the perspective it would take only the tiniest movement of the camera to make that difference.

Likewise, when people say there is a continuity problem going into or out of the wide shot, I can't find that either. Seems to match up.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can't believe this is still an actual discussion. Jesus. It's already conclusive how the trick was performed.

Remember when people didn't WANT to know how the trick was performed???!!!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Can't see that at all. If you mean it's lined up differently against the background, because of the perspective it would take only the tiniest movement of the camera to make that difference.

Likewise, when people say there is a continuity problem going into or out of the wide shot, I can't find that either. Seems to match up.

You need to freeze frame it to spot it, at 40 seconds, the podium with the balls is in front of the column on the wall, the long shot (41st second) shows a still cameraman, then the 42nd second shows the podium has moved to the right of the column by at least the width of the column - (is this where the split screen overlay way implemented so his assistant could change the balls as they were drawn?) The long shot may not be a live shot, but pre-recorded so it didn't reveal anyone else in the studio.

All it takes is a carefully choreographed routine so that his movements matched, and getting the split screen being added and removed without being noticed which is where the years work comes in

He didn't seem to react either like someone who actually knew his numbers before (after the maths part) and react as they came out, more like someone hoping the assistant wouldn't give the game away as the balls were changed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here