Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This bloke gets it!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Regardless of the amazing rise of our club how can you not know where Brighton is on the map? Thats just bad UK geography knowledge!
I know middle aged people who are also like that. One of my friends went to stay in a castle, said it was amazing. I asked where it was. He lives up north and could only tell me it was 'somewhere down south'. I have a colleague like that as well. Satnav has made this kind of ignorance worse.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's happening all over the world now. Nobody seems to know geography anymore. I suppose it's because they use the internet instead of actually gaining the knowledge. How many times have interviewers made fun of people, especially Trump supporters, because they don't have any idea where a certain state or foreign country is located?
It's a real shame that kids are not learning geography. They don't know what they're missing. It is one of the most interesting subjects you can study and makes you aware of what's around you. I loved maps from a young age and still do.
It's happening all over the world now. Nobody seems to know geography anymore. I suppose it's because they use the internet instead of actually gaining the knowledge. How many times have interviewers made fun of people, especially Trump supporters, because they don't have any idea where a certain state or foreign country is located

sakooshi

Jun 16, 2024
The question is:How far can we go??
Good question.
The amazing thing about this club is that it makes nothing seem impossible.

We've come from the brink of elimination from the league in 1997 to winning our group in the Europa League. That's a massive journey. Would going from where we are to winning the Premier League be a bigger or smaller journey than the one we've already made?

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What a fantastic summary of the Brighton way. The best I've seen. Great YouTuber.
It's all very good when the Albion fans see all the comings and goings of the club, you could possibly take things for granted, as we know the club is in safe hands.
But when you see a footy 'nerd' ( I use the term politely), speaking about the club, it all becomes a brighter world where the Albion are a show case in the shop window.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Juat hope there is a succession plan for this algorithm and he's not a single souce of failre
This is my single biggest worry. It is like the the Coca Cola recipe:

“According to the company, only two employees are privy to the complete formula at any given time and they are not permitted to travel together. When one dies, the other must choose a successor within the company and impart the secret to that person”.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah was posted over the weekend - on it's own thread.

Thread called "this guy gets it" or something.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
His brain cannot accept the reality that something as idiotic as Brexit actually happened.
On the contrary, he could be very pro-Europe if he uses Euros for transfer fees. I can't sit through the (interesting) video again but was he referring to transfers in of players from the EU? If so, you often see posters here use Euros as that's what the agents/FR-types usually use. TBH it doesn't make difference, does it? We know what the rough exchange rate is.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
On the contrary, he could be very pro-Europe if he uses Euros for transfer fees. I can't sit through the (interesting) video again but was he referring to transfers in of players from the EU? If so, you often see posters here use Euros as that's what the agents/FR-types usually use. TBH it doesn't make difference, does it? We know what the rough exchange rate is.
This is exactly what I was suggesting, and more importantly, I was being very light-hearted about his use of Euros

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here