Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This big storm coming how will it affect......................

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If your travelling by train today there's a revised train service in place, which basicly means a number of trains have been cancelled and those that are running are subject to a 50mph speed limit across the whole of Sussex.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If your travelling by train today there's a revised train service in place, which basicly means a number of trains have been cancelled and those that are running are subject to a 50mph speed limit across the whole of Sussex.
No doubt it'll be one of those that allows you to get to work without a problem (cue the 7.16 to Victoria being cancelled) but end up getting home 2 hours late

:angry: :angry:

I can hear bin lids flying outside and my lights are having the odd flicker but nothing special.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A23 blocked at Handcross.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The bloody cat flap has just blown away. I now have something like a foot square hole in the kitchen wall. Bloody freezing now.
:rant:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lost three fence panels already in BN3. More to come I suspect.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The TV transmitter has gone here. We can get tv on the sitting room tv because that is linked to the satellite, but two other tvs in the house aren't working.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Also apparently Shoreham High Street is not passable due to fallen roofing panels

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The bloody cat flap has just blown away. I now have something like a foot square hole in the kitchen wall. Bloody freezing now.
:rant:
at least youre off all week, youve got time to fix it :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The TV transmitter has gone here. We can get tv on the sitting room tv because that is linked to the satellite, but two other tvs in the house aren't working.

Likewise (except for 'other two' read 'other five'), and we've lost some birds from one of our outdoor aviaries because my idiot Dad forgot to secure it to the base it's mounted on properly, and the damn thing virtually blew over onto it's side before we could prop it up again.

He's now out there with the next-door neighbour attempting to tie it down somehow.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Lil' Coaches goals in the back garden have disassembled themselves and their play house is on it's roof at the other end of the garden. Gawd knows where me bin's gone, but I think I'll look for it later! Should have put all these things away last night really.. durr.....

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Not much going on here in CT2. A bit of rain, moderate winds. No where near the 80mph gusts they were predicting for the North Kent coastal area.
Shame because I wanted to have a decent excuse to miss lectures :cry:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Getting pretty windy in TN3 (South and West of Tunbridge Wells). Has been raining since sunrise.

Electronic "weather station" pressure alarm keeps going off - has only happened three times in 10 years. Means the pressure is dropping very quickly, which is normally a pretty bad thing.

Off to tie trampoline down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here