Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This 'asking' for money ting

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Faldo said:
Sometimes I wonder where they lie...

Meaning what exactly? Lots of people have different priorities. Just because we happen to support a football team does not mean to say we have to chuck all our spare cash at it does it?

It appears to me that the current "money men" in the Albion, ie the Shareholders - 7 million pounds people have run out of money.

The board have looked around and realised that the only people they can get money out of are us.

What really intrigues me is why a couple of weeks ago we were told that the club was on a sound footing. Now we are told that unless we raise 2.5mill we are f***ed. What has changed in two weeks?

No wonder Taylor and Coppell left. I assume they must have known this. I suppose its hats off to Mr Maghee for taking this job on knowing the precarious position we are in. I wonder how the players are feeling like now, because I have sat in board rooms of companies discussing what we were going to do to pay the VAT man and believe me it is not pleasant.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
dave the gaffer said:
Meaning what exactly? Lots of people have different priorities. Just because we happen to support a football team does not mean to say we have to chuck all our spare cash at it does it?

It appears to me that the current "money men" in the Albion, ie the Shareholders - 7 million pounds people have run out of money.

The board have looked around and realised that the only people they can get money out of are us.

What really intrigues me is why a couple of weeks ago we were told that the club was on a sound footing. Now we are told that unless we raise 2.5mill we are f***ed. What has changed in two weeks?

No wonder Taylor and Coppell left. I assume they must have known this. I suppose its hats off to Mr Maghee for taking this job on knowing the precarious position we are in. I wonder how the players are feeling like now, because I have sat in board rooms of companies discussing what we were going to do to pay the VAT man and believe me it is not pleasant.

Pretty much exactly what I am tihnking at the moment.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I see what you're getting at Turkey and you may have a point. I think most of us are singing from the same songsheet (apart from the obvious wind-up merchants) when it comes to the Albion but it comes out in different ways. It's sad but I think the whole situation is really starting to get to people and the frustrations are taking on some weird tones. I know I've been sucked into getting a bit personal a couple of times too and have felt bad about it afterwards.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know I've been sucked into getting a bit personal a couple of times too and have felt bad about it afterwards. [/QUOTE] [/B]

:eek:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's an extremely confusing situation and I think people are starting to struggle to understand why exactly we seem to be in such a desperate situation and that is just gonna makes us angry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here