Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This 'asking' for money ting

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Let's not get on our high horses about who's going to pay and who is not eh? Everybody has different circumstances and some may be able to afford to pay the money, some may not deem it appropriate in their opinion and some may just not be able to cough up the money right now.

Please don't make it an issue because it would get very boring very quickly.

???

Wise words. Too many people on here like to make sure EVERYBODY knows EXACTLY what they're doing for the club and that somehow that makes them better than some others.

I would bet good money that for every person on here that announces their contribution there are several more that simply do what they feel is necessary and get on with it, no fuss made.

I guess it's all to do with peoples priorities. :rolleyes:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Let's not get on our high horses about who's going to pay and who is not eh? Everybody has different circumstances and some may be able to afford to pay the money, some may not deem it appropriate in their opinion and some may just not be able to cough up the money right now.

Please don't make it an issue because it would get very boring very quickly.

???

v good point

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I'll stick a cheque in the post today...will £1 million do for this week and another next :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

p.s I don't want to see another f*cking thread about money again OK

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think it's important that people say what they want though. From their explanations and discussions, people might rethink or have their opinions confirmed.
I find this whole thing a real moral minefield at the minute. I've been sat here, a little lost, unsure of what i ought to do; what my conscience will allow me. I don't think my mind will be made up for some time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm coming to the conclusion that the whole scenario is thoroughly unenjoyable and expensive, I have therefore reduced my level of support because I dont enjoy it

I believe that there are thousands of supporters who feel the same, if and when the situation is resolved fans will return in their thousands. then and only then can the club set any realistic targets which are ultimately dictated by finance

Oct 5, 2003
"I'm coming to the conclusion that the whole scenario is thoroughly unenjoyable and expensive, I have therefore reduced my level of support because I dont enjoy it

I believe that there are thousands of supporters who feel the same, if and when the situation is resolved fans will return in their thousands. then and only then can the club set any realistic targets which are ultimately dictated by finance"

QUALITY ACCURATE POST SUMS SITUATION UP WELL IMHO:clap:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Safeway said:
Wise words. Too many people on here like to make sure EVERYBODY knows EXACTLY what they're doing for the club and that somehow that makes them better than some others.

I would bet good money that for every person on here that announces their contribution there are several more that simply do what they feel is necessary and get on with it, no fuss made.

I guess it's all to do with peoples priorities. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder where they lie...

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think I've seen two posters state how much they'll pledge? See the point but don't think it needed to made with so few stating how much they would pay. Plus the two I recall are not people I would put in the bracate of wanting everyone to know how they're helping the club.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Safeway said:
If they didn't want everyone to know then they wouldn't feel the need to say anything at all.

I won't even START on your spelling of 'bracket'. :jester:

:lolol: :shootself

I know but two people? So what?

I don't see the need to start bitching.

An extremely small minority have said how much they'll donate.
Plus I don't see the harm in saying anyway. Personal choice. I don't see it as bigging themseles up. They're just in a position where they can afford to spend X amount.

I have hardly anymoney at all. I can not afford £100. I've now said how much I can afford. Am I bragging? No!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
No-one's said anything about bragging Turkey. Chappers was, I think, just making the point that people had started getting at each other about parting with their money and the rights and wrongs of what is at the end of the day (sorry!) a purely personal decision.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed, I wasn't attempting to start anything. All the tension on this board recently has come about over 'discussions' about what makes a fan better than another and even who the best fans are. They are not constructive and hinder the progress of the real issues that are happening around us like fighting for Falmer and making sure we can get there.

I was just hoping that we could nip it in the bud before it started again.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I personally view "Too many people on here like to make sure EVERYBODY knows EXACTLY what they're doing for the club and that somehow that makes them better than some others" as Safeway saying people brag?

Have I read this the wrong way?

I completly agree the decision to part with money is purely personal. I don't think people having been holding a gun to peoples heads saying they must though. Those who have argued that we should endevour to help the club out again are, imo, arguing with individuals over the reasons to donate, not to donate.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I was just hoping that we could nip it in the bud before it started again.

Fair enough. I haven't been on NSC much recently so I'm not sure what you're referring too. Just seems a bit premature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here