Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This Test seems to have gone within the first 40 minutes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This looks like an England all out for 250, India make 500 then England get bundled out by the spinners sort of match.

I struggle to see the reason why England haven’t played 2 spinners, winning the toss and bowling potentially last I find it a very strange decision.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
This looks like an England all out for 250, India make 500 then England get bundled out by the spinners sort of match.

I struggle to see the reason why England haven’t played 2 spinners, winning the toss and bowling potentially last I find it a very strange decision.

I think Root's looked a more reliable off-spin option than Dom Bess so far this winter. I realise Bess has still managed to take wickets, but surely batsman won't keep hammering his balls straight at/off fielders indefinitely.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think Root's looked a more reliable off-spin option than Dom Bess so far this winter. I realise Bess has still managed to take wickets, but surely batsman won't keep hammering his balls straight at/off fielders indefinitely.

I agree but we all know Root never bowls himself for long periods, even when he looks threatening, he only tends to bowl himself out of desperation.

Oh great, he’s now been smashed on the right middle finger.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We always start with 2 down for nothing on the board.

What worries me is how poor the tail is. Archer bats like someone playing a beer match, Broad is a woose and Anderson is well, Anderson.

We're so reliant on the middle order.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I agree but we all know Root never bowls himself for long periods, even when he looks threatening, he only tends to bowl himself out of desperation.

Oh great, he’s now been smashed on the right middle finger.

Maybe he can bowl his leg spinners? Slightly depressing that he's also looked a damn sight better at that than most of the actual leggies England have picked in the last 60years or so.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe he can bowl his leg spinners? Slightly depressing that he's also looked a damn sight better at that than most of the actual leggies England have picked in the last 60years or so.

It's a shame he has never trusted himself fully as he is very useful and could be a top bowler. Why can't he be considered an actual leggie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here