Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third highest Albion attendance

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Actually. Back to the original thread. The 13,000 for the Charity Shield sounds low but is about the same as the other seasons around it; it was a fairly new invention in 1910. According to Tim Carder our average home attendance in that previous championship-winning season was 6,833. How far we have come!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
At least they're not speaking Kraut, which they could well have been doing if we hadn't stepped in in 1939. Let's remember that the Poles are our allies, and many of them fought and died as RAF pilots in the Battle of Britain.

Good Point, Well Made.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I rarely bite..but..

Why don't you just f*** OFF.

You pick up on every little thing i write.:salute::censored:

PD

My post was not a "personal" dig at you. I would do the same whenever I think any poster has writen a load of old bollocks. As clearly you had.

Just for the record Dad says that Spurs DID take the North Stand in 77/.78. But it wasnt as easy as you might think because there were about 500 Spurs onto to about 50 Brighton.
But he reckons the 50 didnt "bottle it" and Spurs got well "tonked"!

Maybe he is getting confused with the film "The Alamo"?

But i am sure he is right???

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
PD

My post was not a "personal" dig at you. I would do the same whenever I think any poster has writen a load of old bollocks. As clearly you had.

Just for the record Dad says that Spurs DID take the North Stand in 77/.78. But it wasnt as easy as you might think because there were about 500 Spurs onto to about 50 Brighton.
But he reckons the 50 didnt "bottle it" and Spurs got well "tonked"!

Maybe he is getting confused with the film "The Alamo"?

But i am sure he is right???
You cleary have something against me Fazz.

Well, i've heard many things, from honest people , Brighton and Spurs fans. I obviously was even though of when it happened but people who say we had 3000 down? Apparently we took the North Stand that day and had most of the ground, also kicked off pretty heaviely by Hove Station too? - Something that will never happen again, is this a good or bad thing though Fazz?

When i go to places like Derby, Man Utd, Man City, i dont fear anything, but in the 70s was this half the fun.Going to places 'up nawf' shitting yourself in fear, not knowing what was around the corner, takes 500-800 on a football special, must have felt like being in an army, them days are WELL GONE!:cry:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
You cleary have something against me Fazz.

Well, i've heard many things, from honest people , Brighton and Spurs fans. I obviously was even though of when it happened but people who say we had 3000 down? Apparently we took the North Stand that day and had most of the ground, also kicked off pretty heaviely by Hove Station too? - Something that will never happen again, is this a good or bad thing though Fazz?

When i go to places like Derby, Man Utd, Man City, i dont fear anything, but in the 70s was this half the fun.Going to places 'up nawf' shitting yourself in fear, not knowing what was around the corner, takes 500-800 on a football special, must have felt like being in an army, them days are WELL GONE!:cry:

PD

Firstly I have no grudge against you.

The next thing is that game of 77/78.

Maybe, in the "passage of time" things can get a bit exagerated, such as Spurs having 25,000 for the game and 50 of The Bosun with a few "scarfers" taking on 500 Spurs in the North Stand!

Think on ???

PD

Watch this.

Next time think before you post? ???

YouTube - The Warsaw Uprising 1944 / Powstanie Warszawskie

I think he kinda said "sorry" in his replies to me and M20Gull - in his own way!
That was a great set of pictures though - brave men, women and no doubt children, facing certain execution if caught. And no hint of the malnourishment they were enduring, neither. Pity I couldn't understand the lyrics - I'll have to pull that Polish woman I've got my eye on, then she might be able to translate them!
Most of today's teenagers simply have no knowledge of this sort of stuff, and will naturally be offended if told they are ignorant.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
PD

Firstly I have no grudge against you.

The next thing is that game of 77/78.

Maybe, in the "passage of time" things can get a bit exagerated, such as Spurs having 25,000 for the game and 50 of The Bosun with a few "scarfers" taking on 500 Spurs in the North Stand!

I meant 15k not 25k, my bad.

No way can 50 fans do 500 fans, however GAME the 50 are. However, if the frontline of the 500 run, the rest run, thats a fact of life, if 1 runs, the all run, its like a ripple effect, but i very much doubt the 500 spurs took a tonking.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I meant 15k not 25k, my bad.

No way can 50 fans do 500 fans, however GAME the 50 are. However, if the frontline of the 500 run, the rest run, thats a fact of life, if 1 runs, the all run, its like a ripple effect, but i very much doubt the 500 spurs took a tonking.

PD

"However, if the frontline of the 500 run, the rest run, thats a fact of life, if 1 runs, the all run, its like a ripple effect,..."

Are you some sort of Military Strategist based at Sandhurst?

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I think he kinda said "sorry" in his replies to me and M20Gull - in his own way!
That was a great set of pictures though - brave men, women and no doubt children, facing certain execution if caught. And no hint of the malnourishment they were enduring, neither. Pity I couldn't understand the lyrics - I'll have to pull that Polish woman I've got my eye on, then she might be able to translate them!
Most of today's teenagers simply have no knowledge of this sort of stuff, and will naturally be offended if told they are ignorant.

Nottseagull

"Most of today's teenagers simply have no knowledge of this sort of stuff, and will naturally be offended if told they are ignorant"

Main reason for posting it.

Although I think PD took it as a "dig".

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
No, i just live for kicking peoples heads in at football:rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to add my two penneth I would suggest that the figure being given for the number of Spurs at that particular game is grossly over exagerated and if my memory serves me well the largest away support would have been the cup tie against Chelsea when John Boyle got sent off and the police closed half of the east terrace and then herded the Chelsea fans in there, free I think, rather than have them wandering the streets of Brighton where they couldnt control them on a Saturday afternoon. That was a ploy Chelsea fans used at most matches. It is easier to control 2000 fans ina football stadium than in a High Street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here