Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you WILL miss about Withdean

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Walking around the running track at half time selling programmes.

128832410778025467.jpg

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
The sing-song on the bus journey on the way to the ground, with such classics as 'Viva Espanya' and 'I saw a mouse, where? there on the stair'.

Is that house still empty?!

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
defintely the range of alternative sports to watch when the game gets boring: either aerobics or tennis.... or train/bus spotting, at a push.

Also will miss the grumbling old bugger at the end of my row who stares daggers at me every time I have the temerity to walk past him. At the last game Im going to stamp on his toes and kick his flask over at half time

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
The food from the current burger vans as they won't be catering at Falmer, the short walk to the ground and the view isn't bad at all considering i'll be behind the goal at Falmer.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Getting soaked (I will look back fondly on games like Swindon and Millwall and forget all the defeats and hypothermia)

Getting in and out easily

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What about your annoying neighbour, the bloke who kept trying to get you thrown out?

If he had actually WELCOMED you to play there....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the reclining seats , the gentle rocking sensation one gets when taking a piss in a portakabin , the smell of smoke at half time from said portakabin as naughty 40 year olds grab a quick puff out of sight of the gestapo

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The moments where it's really quiet and one of their players loudly swears.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Watching a player like Ravenelli warm up by a sand pit

When the old hammer net used to be up, the guy in D/E block jumping up and down whenever the ball went in it

Being able to jump in the steeplechase water pit when leaving after any form of pitch invasion (swindon/ipswich/man city/stockport etc) and sometimes finding water there!

The crowd I sit near in D Block, great bunch, good humour, fine triv questions when the game goes dull

The stewards :facepalm:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
not much really, apart from the fact that if we did not have it in the 1st place the club would have gone under for sure

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Being at the end of the bus queue on London Road, in the pouring rain, on a dark winter's afternoon, having watched a thrilling (dull) defeat, pondering if we will get the approval for Falmer before I get to my car in Mill Road.........still twas miles better than Gillingham.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
I've not been for a while, but does that bloke still set the rockets off in the woods when the Albion score? It is/was a nice gesture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here