Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you know for a fact will be SHITE before you've even seen them...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I saw a trailer the other day for a new BBC sitcom that appears to be based on Carry on Cabby. Bound to be complete TOLIET.

Candy Cabs it's called:

article-0-0A249810000005DC-331_468x286.jpg

Candy_Cabs_jps_1818228i.jpg

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That remake of Reginald Perrin on BBC1 with Martin Clunes. What was the point? And for our next trick we will be "reimagining" Fawlty Towers and Porridge

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Twilight, True Blood, Vampire Diaries. Anything to do with the current 'sexy vampire' phenomenon.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I haven't seen this movie and have no desire too, like the Wonder Woman TV series, it's a foregone conclusion that it's a terrible, sad joke of a show. It was a failure at the box office which validates this point.

Catwoman_poster.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are all women "super heroes" shite ?

I think it deserves its own thread. I think they are you know.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
England in the World cup, England in frendlies, England in qualifiers, England in the European championships, England in testimonials, England in charity matches, England in penalty shoot-outs and Steve Claridge on the Football league show.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Almost every horror film. I'll exempt Theatre of Blood, which is more camp comedy classic than horror.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Watching Brazil in the World Cup.

Just because they were exciting once in the last 40 years (1982), commentators blather on about "Samba football", "the sort of skills you usually only see on the Copacabana" and "everyone's second favourite team". You might think this is purely an ITV thing but the commentators are exactly the same here. 90 minutes of your life later and Brazil have scraped an unjust 1-0 win over Angola or North Korea.

It's all complete bollocks. They're more often than not dull and cynical.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Any Halifax advert, frankly they should have a government health warning as they are so sickening.

Just because they were exciting once in the last 40 years (1982), commentators blather on about "Samba football", "the sort of skills you usually only see on the Copacabana" and "everyone's second favourite team". You might think this is purely an ITV thing but the commentators are exactly the same here. 90 minutes of your life later and Brazil have scraped an unjust 1-0 win over Angola or North Korea.

And we don't beat them either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Whilst I agree that commentators simply cream themselves just because it is Brazil, it is a fact that they do normally get results. I'm not saying Brazil don't grind out 1-0 occasional wins against average countries, but there is equally every chance that they will slaughter such teams. 2010 was not a vintage year for them but look at their group results in recent times:

2006: 1-0 v Croatia, 2-0 v Australia, 4-1 v Japan
2002: 2-1 v Turkey, 4-0 v China, 5-2 v Costa Rica
1998: 2-1 v Scotland, 3-0 v Morocco, 1-2 v Norway :ohmy:
1994: 2-0 v Russia, 3-0 v Cameroon, 1-1 v Sweden

Not that much evidence of spawny 1-0 wins, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here