Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you hate about driving in the UK

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
People who drive in the UK pay huge sums of cash to drive on such glorious roads as the A23, M25, M1, M4 etc... But unfortunately our driving pleasure is hampered by drivers from all walks of life who seem to have forgot the basics of driving an automobile!

What really "grinds your gears" about the way people drive on our roads, I'll kick off by starting with people who turn there rear fog light on as soon as it gets a little misty, blinding anyone who is behind them! :annoyed:

Vent away people!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Retards who don't use indicators when on roundabouts.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
People who drive in the UK pay huge sums of cash to drive on such glorious roads as the A23, M25, M1, M4 etc... But unfortunately our driving pleasure is hampered by drivers from all walks of life who seem to have forgot the basics of driving an automobile!

What really "grinds your gears" about the way people drive on our roads, I'll kick off by starting with people who turn there rear fog light on as soon as it gets a little misty, blinding anyone who is behind them! :annoyed:

Vent away people!

Almost almost as annoying as the f--ck--s who have their rear fog lights on when there is no fog and is down to the fact they don't even know that either they have fog lights or how they are switched on or off !

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The whole cost to drive pisses me off !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Morons who have blown a headlight bulb and so use High Beam all the time rather than buy a new bulb.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
40mph freaks, those who drive at 40 thinking they are being sensible, whether its the open road or the 30 zone in town.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
People who smoke whilst driving

I'm amazed by the number of people driving drinking from ceramic mugs ..... have they got a friggin Teasmaid in there ?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
wankers who sit in the middle lane of the motorway when there is nothing else on there

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Drivers who have both headlights out so think it's OK to drive around with their fog lights on.
Drivers who don't indicate.
Drivers who don't top 40mph in a 60mph zone then carry on doing 40mph through a 30mph zone.
Drivers who undertake on the motorway.
Drivers who sit in the middle lane of the motorway despite nothing being in the slow lane.
Taxi drivers.
Bus drivers.
Women drivers (joke).
Drivers who can't deal with a little bit of ice on the roads. Putting your foot flat to the floor in 1st gear isn't going to help matters.
Drivers who can't park their car within the lines in a car park.
Drivers who park in disabled spaces when clearly, they are able bodied (and also don't have a blue badge).
Drivers who park within 6ft of a junction.

And probably some other things too..........

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
People who pull out forcing you to break suddenly BUT then proceed to drive like Miss Marple! I hate them as much as middle lane hogs on motorways. Don't get me wrong, anyone that pulls out causing me to brake gets beeped but if they then speed off totally breaking the speed limit I then don't mind - diahorrea waits for no man after all.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Those who suddenly pull out in front of you at junctions and then drive below the speed limit.

With regard to disabled bays I agree with Conkers. However, very frustrating when you get into a car park where all normal spaces are taken and yet only 1 of 10 disabled are being used.
Especially if you only need to make just a 5 minute call to a shop etc..

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
40mph freaks, those who drive at 40 thinking they are being sensible, whether its the open road or the 30 zone in town.

:bowdown:

Drive me mad! Forever sitting up their backsides until they get to a village and then they pull away as they are doing 10mph too fast. Back up their arses 30 seconds after I exit the village.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
wankers who sit in the middle lane of the motorway when there is nothing else on there

Lane discipline in general is appalling. There is no such thing as a slow lane or fast lane. The lanes are there for overtaking, get back in when you can.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
:bowdown:

Drive me mad! Forever sitting up their backsides until they get to a village and then they pull away as they are doing 10mph too fast. Back up their arses 30 seconds after I exit the village.

Sounds like my daily commute through Balcombe! What's worse is that the commute is long enough to get stuck behind these sorts of drivers EVERY day, without fail.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
As a man that drives 30K + per year I hate 90% of other drivers!
The list in no real order is -
To fast, to slow, undertakers, middle lane hoggers, people from Croydon, old people, learner drivers, more people from Croydon, white van men, people who slam on the brakes for no reason on the motorway or dual carriage ways, people who cut out, people who cut in, lorry's who try to overtake up hills, lorry's who pull out suddenly in front of you, people who don't queue properly...

I'm going to have a cuppa to calm down just thinking about idiots makes me stressed!

I might look for a different job at the same time

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Lane discipline in general is appalling. There is no such thing as a slow lane or fast lane. The lanes are there for overtaking, get back in when you can.

In the USA where they have up to six lanes in both directions you can drive in any lane and over/undertake as you need to. Traffic keeps moving well, but can get hairy at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here