Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things you do to deliberately wind other people up

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
its called trail braking, a common exercise when racing, if you show your brake lights and te driver behind kaks it and does the same, you actually carry more speed round the bend and pull a gap on the next straight . . .works a treat :rolleyes:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
thanks for that zef, I usually just use it to try and persuade some arse that he is too close to the back of my car, never really seen the M5 as a race track...mind you, you might have a point there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not had the chance yet, but LIVE for the day when I can get hold of one of these wee devices that fit in yer pocket that you press the button and it cuts off every arsehole using a mobile phone on the train within a twenty foot radius . 'Hello, I'm on the... hello... Hello... HELLO...' :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Tom Hark said:
Not had the chance yet, but LIVE for the day when I can get hold of one of these wee devices that fit in yer pocket that you press the button and it cuts off every arsehole using a mobile phone on the train within a twenty foot radius . 'Hello, I'm on the... hello... Hello... HELLO...' :lolol:

They exist. They're extremely large, require a lot of power, are quite dangerous RF wise

And will get you 5-10+ years in the nick if caught with them.

They'll never be small and they'll never, ever, ever be legal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
They exist. They're extremely large, require a lot of power, are quite dangerous RF wise

And will get you 5-10+ years in the nick if caught with them.

They'll never be small and they'll never, ever, ever be legal.

PM us when they come up with a small one then matey. Cheers :thumbsup:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
clapham_gull said:
I been knocked sideways so many times by people running for the tube that now (when walking between platforms) I deliberately slow down when I hear someone running behind me and often veer into their path to ensure they never get to train.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of the people who try to get on the tube while you're getting off it. So I now walk towards them in the doorway and, being a broad kinda fella, walk sloooowly...

To$$ers

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Tom Hark said:

He he, like on Mission Impossible 2 he he

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
when onboard ship on a long trip, if anyone left their book lying around i used to rip out the last 5 pages :eek:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO there's very few pleasures in life to compare with the un-reserving of sunbeds with towels on. Aforesaid towels have been lying there since about half six in the morning and the owners swan onto the scene about three in the afternoon. Their towels are long gone, the sunbeds have changed occupancy at least twice and the current occupants get a serious bewildered hump with the random strangers who suddenly appear DEMANDING sunbeds. If you ain't tried it, believe me kidz, it's just about the most fun you can have with yer swimmies on :D

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't tend to deliberately wind people act but will react to people who take liberties. I had such an occasion a while ago. I was on a train from Clapham Junction to Farnborough. There was a guy sitting across the side of the train table who was clearly a barrister heading for Winchester Crown Court (you see quite a few).

Anyway, all four seats around the table were occupied but the barrister had decided to comandeer the table for his sole use. Didn't bother to ask anybody if they cared. The other two occupents were trying to write. I decided to clean my tool kit. I had a compressed air spray can and proceeded to take the dust off my kit. Naturally legal papers were redistributed around th carriage. The barrister grunted and gave me a filthy look, I just smiled back. He got up and collected his stuff and stomped off.

The other two laughed their heads off !

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Tom Hark said:
IMHO there's very few pleasures in life to compare with the un-reserving of sunbeds with towels on. Aforesaid towels have been lying there since about half six in the morning and the owners swan onto the scene about three in the afternoon. Their towels are long gone, the sunbeds have changed occupancy at least twice and the current occupants get a serious bewildered hump with the random strangers who suddenly appear DEMANDING sunbeds. If you ain't tried it, believe me kidz, it's just about the most fun you can have with yer swimmies on :D

having placed the aforementioned towels in the pool i hope :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Re: Re: Things you do to deliberately wind other people up

Brightonfan1983 said:
As soon as I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of the people who try to get on the tube while you're getting off it. So I now walk towards them in the doorway and, being a broad kinda fella, walk sloooowly...

To$$ers

Good man

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:

But I'm also a complete arsehole when it comes to letting people out of junctions. Even if the traffic in front of me is going nowhere, I still prefer to pull forward into the space in front and block people off, just because I CAN. Equally, I'll drive behind someone so you couldn't slide a Rizla between my bumper and the car in front, just so someone indicating to pull in from the outside lane doesn't get in front of me.

See ya on the road, SUCKERS !

see what driving old man's Rover 216 does to you, do you wear a hat as well ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gully said:
If someone is sitting right on my arse on the motorway in the outside lane I just tap my brake pedal and imagine them crapping themselves as they think they are about to pile into the back of me.

Try braking lighty with your left foot as you hit the throttle with your right, confuses the hell out of them

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I can't believe the way people carry on in their cars - there is no way some people would behave face to face like the way they do when they think they are safe in their tin boxes. What they forget is how easy it is just to pull up in front of them and stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here