Kate Thornton
Jade Goody
Peter Andre

Any help to answer this greatly received

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't understand why there is not, and has never been, a black Olympic swimmer.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't understand why there is not, and has never been, a black Olympic swimmer.

Because there aint no pools in the hood?
Because Afro hair causes excessive drag?
Because their knobs wont fit in speedos?

Wasnt there a black bloke in the US 100m relay thing the other day or had I been nudging the turps?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Eric the eel. Didn't he do the olympics or was that the world championships?

Wasnt he the one that sank before he had done a length becuse he had been practicing in a 25ft paddling pool

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wasnt he the one that sank before he had done a length becuse he had been practicing in a 25ft paddling pool

He won his heat because the two other swimmers were disqualified. It took him over a minute more than everyone else to complete his 50m freestyle heat because he had never even seen an Olympic sized pool before. He admitted to be struggling towards the end to keep afloat. Good on him though.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Norwegian railway ticketing systems!! Just got back from a few days in Oslo and bought the wrong ticket for the wrong train on a coupel of occassions!

D

Deleted member 2719

Ah, this sounds like the beginning of the phenomenon known as the phantom traffic jam, as explained by Andrew Marr on Britain From The Air a couple of nights ago.

Phantom traffic jams are the queues that you sit in for ages, and then when you finally get to the front, you find there's nothing there- like roadworks, an accident, a merging of junctions etc- to actually cause the jam, and it seems everyone's bunched up for no reason.

The cause of this, according to the esteemed Mr Marr (and lots of traffic boffins) is principally drivers travelling too close to the vehicle in front. One brakes, causing the next one to touch the brakes, the one behind sees the brake lights come on and automatically brakes themselves, and so on, going back and back down the line of cars until everyone comes to a virtual stop.

So the lesson, punters, is don't drive so close to each other, then you'll dramatically reduce the number of jams you get stuck in.

I have been in many phantom traffic jams normal along the A27 west Bound between our inbred hampshire friends.

However, this incident was weird as the drivers pulled half off the road on a dual carriage way without warning - i could understand if they had a child being ill in the back of the car but for 3 separate cars in the space of 1mile.

Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here