Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things The London Borough of Croydon is FAMOUS For

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Are they aware that's a double negative ???

I'm not sure how it works but i guess if you say nothing everything will be fine?

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
The Orchid Ballroom, my dad gave my sisters a lift to the Orchid or the Streatham Locarno on a saturday night ,i used to go along for the ride,a novel experience for a school boy in the early sixties friday nights they usually went to the Flamingo rooms,the Regent also played a big part.

It's where they film most of The Bill.

And, er, key parts of Terry & June :lolol:

Sun Hill police station is actually on an industrial estate between Morden and South Wimbledon Tube station if there are any "Bill - y's" on this board.

...But back to Croydon. Trams. And the Cartoon Club (think it is no longer there) where I used to go and see the semi legendary Sussex band "The Drivers" over a quarter of a century ago.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The BRIT School - responsible for the partial demise in UK music. Education for future subjects of the Bizarre column

This. It goes to show you just how seriously wrong this establishment is when it locates itself in the arse end of nowhere. I suppose that it's not such a bad thing though as it shows its pupils their level of forthcoming success.

Croydon makes a stab at culture. (Unintentional pun)

I'm probably being unfair as I'm sure there are some talented souls there. (The school not Croydon)
:shrug:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The simply and utterly awful A23, which masquerades as the main road from the M23 to London, and why I avoid it and use the A3 when going from WH to my flat in London. My first computer did come from the PC World on the Purley Way though. Seriously, Tramlink is an excellent public transport system, and an example for any city looking to build a light rail system and get people out of their cars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here