Things that you only appreciate when you get older

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Re: Re: Re: Things that you only appreciate when you get older

Juan Albion said:
Gwylan, the fifth one was "waLking"

:lolol: Very good.

But no, I genuinely loved walking for miles when I was young. I used to walk to the Goldstone from Moulescoomb - a fair schlep.

Perhaps I was always middle-aged, cos I used to love Sunday papers, real ale, playing bridge and pubs without loud music when I was 18 as well.

I find it hard to think of anything that I appreciate now that I didn't when I was 18. That makes me feel a bit sad actually.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
zimmer frames
good bladder valves
teeth

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was going to say single malt whisky but got beaten to it.

My main one is SPARE TIME. If you're arsing about as a student playing cards until midnight and sleeping through lectures, or even if you've just started your career and have time and money to buy PS2s and actually play with it, just remember it doesn't last forever. :nono:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Garden
Whisky
The News
Someone making you a sandwich
Slippers
'Background' Music
Comfy chair

You have to appreciate that your metabolism isn't what it was and if you carry on as you did you WILL get fat!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. A really substantial fibre-enhanced bowel movement. The last time I enjoyed one of those this much, I was less than six months old.

2. Champagne. Didn't used to see what all the fuss was about - it was bitter and too fizzy. Absolutely love the stuff now and the rarity of drinking it and the fact you need to polish it off in one sitting keeps it special.

3. A deep, long and recuperative night's sleep. The kind when you haven't woken up on a Saturday morning at the same time as the alarm goes off the rest of the week and for the last hour you've been dreaming vividly about Kerry Mayo bearing down on goal with only the keeper to beat while Angelina Jolie dips in and out of the Millenium Stadium's jacuzzi. You know the kind of thing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
4. Having a guided tour when you visit somewhere interesting.

5. The countryside.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lots of good calls here. For me single Malt definitely - never really liked that before I started secondary school.

Also curry. I never liked curry as a boy, I used to find Vesta Chow Mein would bring me out in a sweat and when I went to Indian resturants (always under protest) I always ordered steak. I'm not sure if they still do but Indian resturants in the 70s always used to have an 'English' option for those who thought curry was foul foreign muck.

This lasted until I was quite old, about 23, when my embarrassed friends took me to a curry house and force-fed me a korma. Well! Like a drug addict I was hooked, within a few months I'd worked up to vindaloos and I've never looked back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here