Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you liked when you were a kid but can't get anymore

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Potato Puffs. Used buy a pack ever play time from the tuck shop.

Jamboree bags. You used to get a variety of sweets and a toy.

What was that powdered orange juice called that you used to have to mix with water.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
When I was a kid, I had one of these beauties; [the TOP, obviously rather than the midfield hard-man].

What I'd give to still have it [in a larger size, preferably]

color3.jpg

And I thought you were talking about the 'tache.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Buying 10 packets of panini football stickers for a £1 and getting a bo**ocking from my Mum and Dad as nearly everyone was a swap! That was my weeks pocket money wasted!

Attachments

• b2b0_1.jpg
    b2b0_1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 109

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Was it just me or did the six week summer hols from school seem to last about 8 months!

Now six weeks flys by like a bastard.

Rubbish.

Oh, and being wrapped up warm for a cold tuesday night game at the Goldstone with me old man was great.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bovril flavour crisps

And Salt and Vinegar in BLUE packets and Cheese and Onion in GREEN packets, like they damned well still should be now:rant:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great big adidas bags to carry your school book in and to act as goalposts for breaktime footy in the playground, which after the first two weeks of keeping it in great condition ended up with "All Day I Dream About Sex" or "A Dod Is Doing A Shit" written on the side.

Also staying up for all hours at night at the weekend watching some god awful 70's film on you black and white portable TV in the bedroom waiting for those ten seconds when Jenny Agutter got her breasts out. Its not so exciting these days when its so commonplace.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Bovril flavour crisps

And Salt and Vinegar in BLUE packets and Cheese and Onion in GREEN packets, like they damned well still should be now:rant:

Golden Wonder still S&V blue C&O Green, bought a packet of plain for someone last night in The Ancient Mariner, Hove.

Can't remember the colour of them though, wasnt red might have been white-ish?

Sorry..dark blue purplish according to here Golden Wonder - For a Full on Flavour Experience

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Going round the park finding empty Corona bottles, taking them to the sweet shop just outside the gates and getting 3d for their return and buying lime flavoured Hubbly Bubbly with the "winnings".

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
piglet crisps!, they were bacon flavour and puffy and in the shape of a pig!, but i could find any photos.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
KP Rancheros. Stong bacon flavour, had them every Saturday night after cricket:bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
KP Rancheros. Stong bacon flavour, had them every Saturday night after cricket:bowdown:

You can STILL get these. You just need to fly to OIRLAND. [or get MYOB to post you some - he lives in OIRLAND]

Rancheros-Bacon.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here