Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that will change in the next month

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
America will qualify and go to the quarters. Their media will decide that they do like soccerball afterall, and will re-write World Cup history such that it didn't count before 1990 because they weren't "invited"

The BBC will fnially realise that John Motson needs to be put out to grass.

Australia will get absolutely battered in all three group games, and that country will pretend they don't actually care about football anyway, conveniently ignoring the hype of 4 years ago.

James Corden will change from mild/averagely amusing funnyman to tedious fat cock who shouts and loves the sound of his own voice. Sort of like a fat David Baddiel.

Ashley Cole will have the tournament of his life, and we'll all have forgotten what an absolute cock he's been for the past 5 years.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Poyet will be even closer to signing a new contract extention before being linked to other clubs.Maybe we will hear him say i couldn't turn this offer down?
Another Dan Harding?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Spot on Simster, apart from the last bit.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
John Motson retired from the World Cup didn't he ? No doubt he will still be boring us in some capacity.

Once the national belt has started to tighten there will be a public outcry against the amount of staff and money the BBC have shipped over for their holidays to South Africa - and they will annouce things will be on a smaller scale for future World Cups.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ashley Cole will have the tournament of his life, and we'll all have forgotten what an absolute cock he's been for the past 5 years.

I thought he was Englands best player in World Cup 2006

and as for things that will change next month

Gary Neville will say something sensible in the press

Arsene Wenger will see a controversial decision

The Sun will start a campain with a double page picture of Emile Heskeys calf, and get the nation to kiss it at midday so he is fit for the World Cup final after single handedly putting us through

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We will all want to ram a vuvuzela up the arse of the next commentator to go on about what a great, colourful atmosphere it creates.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My dad will suddenly take an interest in football and start shouting at the TV during England games

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For the duration of the WC, half of the South African support in the stands will be WHITE. Thickies like Clive Tyldesley will comment on this, as evidence of a "rainbow nation" and how barriers have broken down.

However, after the world cup ends, when you next see footage of football from South Africa, you won't be able to spot a white face in the crowd, as usual.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The Sun's headline will be 'F*** Off Obahma'.
Redknapp will say we didn't win world cup because we ain't got an English manager
Rooney will be sent off,
Big Brother's ratings will go down quicker then Jordan's knickers
George Osborne will become an anti hero
and we will be singing roll out the barrel, dusting down our ration books and listen to old people saying 'I remember the war'

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
America will qualify and go to the quarters. Their media will decide that they do like soccerball afterall, and will re-write World Cup history such that it didn't count before 1990 because they weren't "invited"

And Spielberg will make a hollywood blockbuster about the 1966 world cup showing how it was only won by England because the Americans had built invisible goalmouth protection shields to protect our goal, which is why the ball didnt cross the line, and a long lost american pilot who crash landed in the East End during the war and lost his memory and chose to be called Geoff Hurst.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
For the duration of the WC, half of the South African support in the stands will be WHITE. Thickies like Clive Tyldesley will comment on this, as evidence of a "rainbow nation" and how barriers have broken down.

However, after the world cup ends, when you next see footage of football from South Africa, you won't be able to spot a white face in the crowd, as usual.

I watched some of the Soccer Aid game and I'm sure Tyldesley said at one point "That's the first time I've heard a wife comment on her husbands near miss". The player in question was Jamie Redknapp but the woman talking had been Kirsty Gallagher :facepalm: Ms Redknapp was in the studio, however.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the white south africans will go back to supporting cricket and rugby( a work colleague actually said he would support England rather than "bafana bafana"....:eek:)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A lot may change over the next month, but one absolutely certainty will remain unchanged.

ITV will still be shit at showing football.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The only thing changing will be that I will be able to buy an England shirt with 2 stars on it :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here