Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are more interesting than Jensen Button winning the televised traffic

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Selfish aunts or uncles who sent me a letter saying they'd die soon, but never did or have and visit me instead with biscuits and t-shirts and pockets full of gravel.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
goldstone said:
I didn't say that I have never watched it (as in past tense), I said that I never watch it (as in now).

I once watched part of an F1 on TV plus watched one in Toronto in the 70s. Both experiences left me numb with boredom.

So it can't bore you now, if you don't watch it.
Although maybe, if you had watched it yesterday it wouldn't have bored you anyway.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Wrexham's latest result.

Come on Simster - we all know since 'Scarf-gate' you've been an avid fan.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I absolutely loved yesterday Grand Prix from start to 9 laps from the end. The reason why I didn't get to see the last 9 laps, was because some bastard called me to be the umpire for 10 overs yesterday when I was playing cricket.

I love those conditions for Formula One and I'm really happy Jenson Button won it, espically 13 years ago Damian Hill won his first grand prix there aswell.

The World championship race is still tight but thank god Michael Schumacher didn't finish, so the championship race is still 9 points.

COME ON ALONSO! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Must admit, over about 5/10 years, I've gone from avid watcher to 'if there's nothing else to have on', while reading the paper.
So didn't have a problem with being out & about for the 1st half of the race.
This allowed me to listen to it on 5-Live. Which was more enjoyable, as the co-commentator (Maurice Hamilton I think), has a Norman Gall-esque ability for completely getting names/people/places wrong not to mention contradicting himself.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Horsebrasses

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Collating Northwich Victoria results over the past 20 years in order to produce an anthology.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Up until about 4 years ago I loved the sport, almost to the point of obsession. Been to 3 GP's. British one twice, and Spain once. It's such a different atmosphere to football, and you'll never understand how noisy those things are until the fly down hangar straight about 20ft away from you. :clap2: :clap2:

Sunday's race gripped me like I haven't been gripped for about 3/4 years. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, but I feel it may have been a one-off caused by Alonso + Schumey's penalties and the wet weather.

Congrats Button. May it be the first of many.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Picking fluff from my belly button.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
goldstone said:
Pretty much anything really .... except maybe snooker and that thing where people on horses jump over sticks at places like Hickstead .... oh, and fishing.

anyone who finds fishing boring has clearly never watched go fishing with john wilson on discovery real time, sky channel 250. 3.30pm every day

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I demand everyone forgets about F1 and starts watching V8 Supercars on MotorsTV (Sky 413) this week from Oran Park, bloody FANTASTIC stuff and no Brits in sight to screw things up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here