Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are more interesting than Jensen Button winning the televised traffic

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Earwax
Lincolnshire
Used teabags

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If they watered the track before and randomly during each race, I would definitely watch it more often!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Waiting for paint to peel, having previously watched it dry.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much anything really .... except maybe snooker and that thing where people on horses jump over sticks at places like Hickstead .... oh, and fishing.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Anyone who found Sunday's race dull should not bother watching again. That was as good as it gets. Top racing, changing conditions, tactics and driver ability crucial rather than the sheer flat out speed of each car, overtaking, sliding ... bloody superb stuff.

I also agree, that i wish they would water the track before every race. It wouldn't need random sprinkers through the race, as the drying conditions make it a challenge in itself. Trying to time your fuel stops for the moment that the track is dry enough for slick tyres would be impossible in the pre-race plan, so suddenly it's all about the driver, as he would have to manage the car in the drying weather, and he would have to decide as the track dries when he want to change to intermediate, and then slicks. get it wrong and you look like Speed did yesterday, Bambi on ice.

Bloody brilliant that race yesterday, and Button winning it was the perfect ending.

If you didn't enjoy that, then stop watching as you clearly don't like the sport, rather than being an old woman about it, and sounding like my mum complaining about "too much football on the telly" - if you don't like it DON'T WATCH!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rich Tea biscuits

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
[B- if you don't like it DON'T WATCH! [/B]

I don't like it. Never have, never will. Therefore I never watch it.

Still have an opinion though ... bloody boring. And noisy. And just think what it does to the environment. All that fuel used up by a bunch of cars going round and round in circles. They should have a "green" F1 with the drivers running round the circuit, stopping off every few laps in the pits to get their footwear changed and have a drink. Now that would be a real sport!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Last year's Yellow Pages

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
goldstone said:
I don't like it. Never have, never will. Therefore I never watch it.

Still have an opinion though ... bloody boring. And noisy. And just think what it does to the environment. All that fuel used up by a bunch of cars going round and round in circles. They should have a "green" F1 with the drivers running round the circuit, stopping off every few laps in the pits to get their footwear changed and have a drink. Now that would be a real sport!

If you never watch it how do you know its boring?

Thats a bit of an ignorant observation if you dont mind me saying :)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Redhead said:
If you never watch it how do you know its boring?

Thats a bit of an ignorant observation if you dont mind me saying :)

I didn't say that I have never watched it (as in past tense), I said that I never watch it (as in now).

I once watched part of an F1 on TV plus watched one in Toronto in the 70s. Both experiences left me numb with boredom.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I find Grand Prix fairly tedious, but I did come in and watch when it looked like he was finally going to win his first race.

Perhaps it's Jenson's new bird, Florence double-barrel something. She is well fit.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Right to be fair to you F1 fans (snigger) here is a list of sports that I like, so you can get your own back if you want.

Football
Cricket
Golf
NH Racing
Greyhound Racing, is that a sport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here