Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things still not yet mentioned about yesterday's match

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
why do people risk having their foot over the line ffs, stand BEHIND the line 6-12" makes no difference when taking a bloody throw in

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
1) Bournmouth's stonewall penalty later in the first half when either Surman or. Grabben was bundled over by El Abd. Hooper bottled that one.

2) Barnes superb defence splitting, slide rule pass to Orlandi late on.

3) The ball being stopped a foot inside the touch line by one of the Bournemouth coaches from an Upson clearance and both Hooper and his asstitant ignoring it and giving a throw in. What if they'd score as result of the throw in?

4) Oscar berating the Assistant after he adjudged Lua Lua had taken a foul throw. Never seen him so animated.

5) Richie Reynolds faux pau after reading out the Bournemouth subs.

R R R Runaround ...............now.
You are right about this - I did hear Elphick mention it post match but very little mention of it elsewhere.

Adam is a lovely bloke but he is a real cause of concern when we defend free kicks or corners with his constant wrestling. Lot's of players do it be less obviously.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
nice bloke he might be,but a big liability in this league,every time someone runs towards him i worry,league one player at best imo,but we have a few of them and are still progressing so hey ho

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I left my house at 13:10 but did not have a pint at 13:55

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You are right about this - I did hear Elphick mention it post match but very little mention of it elsewhere.

Adam is a lovely bloke but he is a real cause of concern when we defend free kicks or corners with his constant wrestling. Lot's of players do it be less obviously.

Ys interesting that Elphick saw that incident and yet claimed not to have seen the first...how convenient

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
why do people risk having their foot over the line ffs, stand BEHIND the line 6-12" makes no difference when taking a bloody throw in

Think you will find it has changed as you can have your foot over the line as long as part of your foot is touching the line or behind the line. Used to be that you had to have both feet behind the line!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
View from the other side -
1. Get as much for Bridcutt as poss and just hope Ince develops further.. sorted
2. Lua Lua was getting a bit of 'attention' from Francis, but he annoyed us by going on at the ref - we could only presume he was trying to get him booked?
3. More resigned than annoyed by the equaliser - just glad we hung on for the point.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

2. Lua Lua was getting a bit of 'attention' from Francis, but he annoyed us by going on at the ref - we could only presume he was trying to get him booked?

Francis was doing all he could, to get HIMSELF booked, without Lualua's help. Luckily, HOOPS was having NONE of it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
1. Get as much for Bridcutt as poss and just hope Ince develops further.. sorted
3. More resigned than annoyed by the equaliser - just glad we hung on for the point.

maybe because francis was trying to threaten his career...2 of those tackles in the first half were OTT....I hope you noticed your players were surrounding the ref too....players of both sides do it.

PS thought your players work rate was impressive

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
1) Bournmouth's stonewall penalty later in the first half when either Surman or. Grabben was bundled over by El Abd. Hooper bottled that one.

2) Barnes superb defence splitting, slide rule pass to Orlandi late on.

3) The ball being stopped a foot inside the touch line by one of the Bournemouth coaches from an Upson clearance and both Hooper and his asstitant ignoring it and giving a throw in. What if they'd score as result of the throw in?

4) Oscar berating the Assistant after he adjudged Lua Lua had taken a foul throw. Never seen him so animated.

5) Richie Reynolds faux pau after reading out the Bournemouth subs.

R R R Runaround ...............now.
what stonewall penalty

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
maybe because francis was trying to threaten his career...2 of those tackles in the first half were OTT....I hope you noticed your players were surrounding the ref too....players of both sides do it

On calm down - 'threaten his career??' Don't make me laugh! It was all close quarters stuff, grappling etc, little trips, genuinely didn't see anything reckless. And I was right in the bottom corner, so saw it all.

Agree about surrounding the ref. Arter usually does it, but he got booked for a late one, that was the worst tackle of the whole match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here