Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things not too good at Bristol Rovers?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
That was put up on Tuesday but they still lost at home last night. Delayed backlash anyone?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All nice words for supporters to hear/read but it's a bit unrealistic.

We know that most players do not and will not have the same attachment to a club as supporters. When you bring in a group of lower league journeymen on short term contracts and loan deals that is even less likely to be the case.

It's a shame our style is not to come out all guns blazing as that's exactly what we need to do on Saturday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All nice words for supporters to hear/read but it's a bit unrealistic.

We know that most players do not and will not have the same attachment to a club as supporters. When you bring in a group of lower league journeymen on short term contracts and loan deals that is even less likely to be the case.
Totally agree. If you want commitment, don't bring in too many short term loan signings. It's that simple. We know this from Adams' second spell here, as they simply don't give a shit at the end of the day.

It's a shame our style is not to come out all guns blazing as that's exactly what we need to do on Saturday.
We do come out all guns blazing, but that usually means trying to get a grip on running the game as opposed to launching our wingers on their full backs as quickly as possible.

Oh, and personally I've always quite liked Bristol Rovers. Like us, I think their fans have suffered a nomadic existence for far too long, they've sold too many decent players for well under their market value owing to economic realities, and they're a much nicer club than the twats to the south. So after we batter them (ideally 8 or 9-2) I'd gladly hope they manage to stay up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, and personally I've always quite liked Bristol Rovers. Like us, I think their fans have suffered a nomadic existence for far too long, they've sold too many decent players for well under their market value owing to economic realities, and they're a much nicer club than the twats to the south. So after we batter them (ideally 8 or 9-2) I'd gladly hope they manage to stay up.

All of this.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seeing as City want a new stadium isn't it about time they both sat down and got ground share sorted out ?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Nail on head. I remember going to Twenton Park many years ago and being randomly interviewed by their PA before the match. Almost crapped myself.

All brave words from the chairman but I'm not sure it's ideal for the club that he's making desperate sounding statements like this.

Olebut

Nov 4, 2010
Gloucestershire
Don't think he said anything that one would have expected him not to, may make it a bit tougher for us on Saturday but what the Hell we have agreat team a superb manager and on the day can beat anyone. As for their pitch we will have to adapt ealry goals boys please

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
"luck enough to wear the blue and white quarters"

It's the peak of any footballers career to pull on the Bristol Rovers jersey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here