Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things not looking so rosy for Coppout and the scum !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not feeling so smug at poaching our manager now Dennis ?.:lolol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Excellent results for both Palace and Reading. I would love to have been at the Reading game to see Coppout squirm. I hope they sack him.:lolol:

He certainly should have been squirming after these last three 3-0 nil defeats, but the sod was just droning on like Marvin The Paranoid Android, sounding as if he doesn't give a toss. I'm coming to the conclusion that he probably doesn't.

His only sign of emotion at the post match press conference was to get a bit stroppy with a questioner who asked him if he showed any more passion in the changing room at half time today than he does after the game! He snapped something along the lines of "if that's the sort of thing you want then you've got the wrong man"!

I have a feeling this isn't going to last long...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The honeymoon period is well and truly over then Dennis ?.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coppell's record is reasonable, but his personality is not TV interview friendly. Shouting at people is not passion and rarely makes a difference, after all look at Wenger, who can barely lift a teacup let alone throw one.

SC did not endear himself by delaying making a decision first of all about whether to sign a contract at the start of the season, then messing around deciding whether to go to Reading. He left us on a Thursday afternoon which gave the new man (Bob Booker) little time to sort the team out for the Saturday, whereas Reading were not playing until the following Tuesday. He also committed the club to paying out over £100,000 this year to Dean Blackwell in relation to a contract which had not been signed, after Blackwell had knackered his cruciates. In doing so he showed loyalty to the player but did not show such loyalty himself.

His attempt to play the 'I'm only a simple football manager' card does not wash. He is well educated (for a Scouser) and to try to pull a sympathy trick is below the belt, which is about two feet lower than where he wears his shorts.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
sorry for my lack of eloquency but coppell's a palace ****,always has been,always will be...he took us down and sold bob for a song...cheers.

The thing that is inherent for copout, as far as karma goes, is that reading players and fans basically know, that coppout built his new house quick as possible on the thin ice that pardew had left from. The premise of his joining reading was equally as tennuous in honour as was pardew's in joining west ham - and reading had just been through bemoaning all of those circumstances before getting coppout in practically the same fashion!

He was sure to get 'found out' fairly quickly, and I can't see how he's ever going to turn it around. I feel a bit sorry for the real reading fans, including some of those who visit this site (but not 'royal' who is a wanksmith!) because they have had to watch all of this undiplomacy unfolding at their club. I'm sure they'd rather have honest dealings and humility at their local team than all this fanfare and disruption, culminating in under-acheivements.

So, now we can compare, once again, the way of the Knight vs other club chairturds - and be grateful.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I do worry that they have got good players and he could turn it around.I think he is working with a good squad which perhaps shows how good a manager he really is.shite.:lolol:

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
NMH said:
The thing that is inherent for copout, as far as karma goes, is that reading players and fans basically know, that coppout built his new house quick as possible on the thin ice that pardew had left from. The premise of his joining reading was equally as tennuous in honour as was pardew's in joining west ham - and reading had just been through bemoaning all of those circumstances before getting coppout in practically the same fashion!

He was sure to get 'found out' fairly quickly, and I can't see how he's ever going to turn it around. I feel a bit sorry for the real reading fans, including some of those who visit this site (but not 'royal' who is a wanksmith!) because they have had to watch all of this undiplomacy unfolding at their club. I'm sure they'd rather have honest dealings and humility at their local team than all this fanfare and disruption, culminating in under-acheivements.

So, now we can compare, once again, the way of the Knight vs other club chairturds - and be grateful.

Wohhh
hold it a minute........I come on here and read all the posts and for some reason you all hate Reading and slag us down.
Their has never been a huge rivalry between the clubs so i dont see what the problem is, one would asume its because coppell left you to come to us...... as i said before the fans don't make the decisions the board do !!!!! so you all wonder why i reply sarcastically to all your petty remarks.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Royal said:
Wohhh
hold it a minute........I come on here and read all the posts and for some reason you all hate Reading and slag us down.
Their has never been a huge rivalry between the clubs so i dont see what the problem is, one would asume its because coppell left you to come to us...... as i said before the fans don't make the decisions the board do !!!!! so you all wonder why i reply sarcastically to all your petty remarks.

Might be because you guys didn't recognise the true champions when you saw them.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
and Sidwell,and Lewis and making us play in an away kit once at home because you never had one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think what pissed us off Royal was we wobbled badly when SC left which what happened to you pre SC and now.

It was genuinely annoying we never deserved, neither did you deserve the Pardew incident but that's life.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Reading fans are miserable bastards even when they are winning. What was the crowd for Palace? 13 thousand and something.

Bet it goes down to about 10 thousand for the next home game.

Not so cocky now are they?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Strangely, when Coppell left us, my boss predicted Reading would go down and we would go up. I thought he was just trying to cheer me up, but I'm beginning to believe it myself.

And he does have a track record of having won more on our two championships than I did (by being confident earlier in the season).

He's not even a Seagull, but a Cockerell.

Royal said:
Wohhh

Oh thtop playing the hurt one 'with reason for sarcasm' royal twat-head, you love to give it large whether we are naughty or nice about your lot. That i don't care or "wonder" whether you reply sarcy or not, the scoreline remains 3 - 0, to everyone you play!
That is quite funny, don't you think? :lolol: :clap:

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
NMH said:
Oh thtop playing the hurt one 'with reason for sarcasm' royal twat-head, you love to give it large whether we are naughty or nice about your lot. That i don't care or "wonder" whether you reply sarcy or not, the scoreline remains 3 - 0, to everyone you play!
That is quite funny, don't you think? :lolol: :clap:

Allright pea brain so we got beat , again i read your petty remarks
we are going through a bad patch like you did, thats football, wonder what your thoughts will be when we start winning and you start loosing again.....probably the same small minded remarks, you do lower the tone for the true Brighton fans on here remember you have only won
twice in the last six or seven.....i shall wait with anticipation:angel:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Just under 15,000 crowd with about 50 away fans yesterday. Not bad considering the run of "form" we've had of late. Many clubs would be proud of that sort of turnout.

By the way, McGhee's middle name is "loyalty" is it? Just wondering where that thought came from... I don't recall any of it in his history as a manager! Help El Pres, I've never seen any loyalty from McGhee in the last 12 years of his managerial career!

And also, I can't believe that fans of a club in dire straits like Brighton would ever want Reading to lose a game to the most corporatist club under the sun in Franchise FC. Shame on you all for ever wanting Franchise to win a game. I'd rather Swindon or Oxford (or even Pompey) to beat MK than see the Franchise win a game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The new hostility towards Reading is down pure and simple to Reading's continually attempting to use The Albion as a feeder club, tracking our success and asset stripping our players and management, thereby causing a helluva lot of disruption to our attempts to create something halfway decent while we're 'in dire straits' as you put it. Some of us used to be quietly cheering you on in Div.1. Not any more. Now we just want to see Coppell fall flat on his miserable face.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh dear, what a shame, Never Mind!!:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here