NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Watching England play football?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The way we're playing at the moment watching Brighton at the Withdean comes pretty close.

:nono:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
darts

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Actually, there's a bloke in my office who regularly induces suicidal tendencies in anyone who has the misfortune to sit near him.

There are some people in life who you just know are never going to say: "A funny thing happened to me on the way to work."

If I hear the moan about the buses again, I'll kill him myself.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Being a Scotland football fan might be a shout. After years of being shite they finally get their act together - and off goes the manager! No Euro 2008 for you....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Saturday night prime time viewing at the moment. Absolute shite.
The fact that at this time of year, it's dark when I go to work and its dark when I leave the office. :(

MK Dons got 7,000+ last night (better than us) and have a 30,000 all seater being built for them (much better than us). Not bad for a franchise with no tradition. Oh, and the atmosphere at the National Hockey stadium is better than at WITHERS.

That Steve McClaren is the England football manager - he managed a side that scraped 12 wins in 38 league games last season, so obviously he knows what he'd doing. :nono:

I spent ages wiring in my amplifier (including running speakers under floorboards) only to find that it can't cope witha mere six speakers. Pile of WANK.

Finally FRANK hasn't been seen on here in ages - and I do like to take the piss out of him and generally own the sad old git. :(

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
turienzo's lovechild said:
this would be my league table

1. the holocaust
2. rape
3. famine and poverty
4. watching england play cricket
5. bunnies being killed

No. 1 never happened did it!?!?

How about watching egg chasing? In my best Obi Wan Kenobi voice "More boring than you can possibly imagine".

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
The defeats are bad enough...but it is mainly the amount of effort people spend moaning that gets me down!

So much so that I decided last Friday afternoon to try and do something about it! http://www.englishsporters.blogspot.com

The English Sport'ers Club is a free on line membership club for the estimated 17 million sportspeople and spectators throughout the land to register their support for English sport. When signing up there are a whole host of membership benefits, and these companies have invested directly into local sports clubs etc to be part of this list!

How it can help the Albion? Sussex CCC and a whole myriad of sports clubs in the Sussex area?

Lies in the platform, take the Albion, regular attendance 6,000, promotion to sponsors limited to that number. If you add the opportunity to promote on the Sport'ers platform that can add currently 80,000 plus people to that 6,000 greatly enhances the value to English based sponsors, the greater the membership, the greater the attraction for business to invest into sport. That's the angle I would love to promote through northstandchat!

The scheme does not solve all the problems, it just aims to make a significant difference to the overall aim of helping the finance of grass roots sport and local athletes to give the nation the best possible chance of future sporting success.
The cynics questions and answers

Its a con all you'll do is spam us...
When you sign up, you do so in the knowledge that there is no renting, selling or spamming of e-mail details (you all receive a welcome e-mail and if so you can opt out of receiving details of monthly competitions and new offers).

Its still a con, the money is going to go to Welsh sport...

Any general money raised goes into existing funding streams for elite sport (UK Sport) and grass roots sport (Sport England). The WSA is a non-for profit organisation and won't keep a penny and in 99 out of 100 cases, the local businesses will be directly buying from local sports clubs to ensure that 100% of the profits stay local.

I'm not English, what about Scotland and Wales?
Wales: www.welshsports.org.uk
Scotland; www.scottishsporters.com

What's the point it won't make a blind bit of difference

If we don't achieve any of our objectives, we would have all wasted precisely one minute of our time, surely that is worth a gamble?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And the difference between the English cricket team and a bucket of manure is...................?????

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
turienzo's lovechild said:
this would be my league table

1. the holocaust
2. rape
3. famine and poverty
4. watching england play cricket
5. bunnies being killed

Originally posted by chez
No. 1 never happened did it!?!?

And of course 2 was the woman's fault, and 3 is too far away to prick my conscience :( ..... but 5 probably needs moving up a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here