Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things in life that are utterly pointless

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Airport security checks.

What about the US Customs & Immigration forms that ask whether you have ever, are currently or in the future plan to be involved in terrorist activity?

"Why, yes I am, good sir....

...Doh!"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What about the US Customs & Immigration forms that ask whether you have ever, are currently or in the future plan to be involved in terrorist activity?

"Why, yes I am, good sir....

...Doh!"

There was somebody v. famous, I think maybe Oscar Wilde, who answered the question on the form: 'Do you intend to overthrow the United States government?' with the thread-closed answer: 'Sole purpose of visit' :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Alcohol-free lager.

Jodie Marsh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Buying a bad-boy exhaust for your pimped up Peugeot 106 knob-mobile.

What kind of troglodyte wants to make their car sound noisier?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fans of certain clubs who post on NSC ( they probably get :flameboun every time they visit their own message boards. )

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whistles on aircraft lifejackets.

Handy, when you're surrounded by nothing but 250,000 square miles of Pacific Ocean.

In fact, aircraft lifejackets in general. What the airlines don't tell you is that no commercial aircraft has ever made a successful landing on water.

A lifejacket is about as much use as a catflap in an elephant house when your body parts are spread liberally across the waves, floating serenely amongst suitcases, fuselage and forty tonnes of burning aviation fuel.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tescos keep their "fresh" sandwiches in the free over night and sometimes the innards have failed to thaw by the following lunchtime when the first bite is to be taken. With them so cheap it seems somewhat pointless and ingrateful to return for reimbursement, to create a scene over something the poor would heat through and devour when the egg and ice divided. OH LOOK they shout HERE COMES SNOBBY-TONGUED MEADE'S_BALL WITH HIS NOTHING-IS-GOOD-ENOUGH-FOR-ME ATTITUDE, COMPLAINING THAT SOMETHING IN HIS f***ing CRESS'N'EGG SARNIE ISN'T JUST RIGHT AND HE WANTS HIS 88P BACK. THE COCK.
And Nicholas Lyndhurst, the charmless, frizzled, plastic magnet.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Whistles on aircraft lifejackets.

Handy, when you're surrounded by nothing but 250,000 square miles of Pacific Ocean.

In fact, aircraft lifejackets in general. What the airlines don't tell you is that no commercial aircraft has ever made a successful landing on water.

A lifejacket is about as much use as a catflap in an elephant house when your body parts are spread liberally across the waves, floating serenely amongst suitcases, fuselage and forty tonnes of burning aviation fuel.

Au contraire edna...I am always tempted to put the lifejacket on as soon as I get on the aircraft, whenever one ends up in the drink all you ever see is lifejackets and the odd bit of fuselage floating around...I reckon that if I am already attached to one of said lifejackets then I must be in with a chance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Luton for virtually all of next season.

And the female brain.

1066gull

Depends how much of an addictive personality you have I guess.

There should be greater protection for the vulnerable. Harder access to be exposed to it and all the help and advice should not be pushed underground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here