Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thigs in Brighton that are no longer there/changed names

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Don't forget the chain pier!

Oh and that lovely crepe restaurant called Cripes. Used to love that place

Baths under the station, the wooden phone booths at the station, the engineering works at the station.

The 2 pubs opposite the Lord Nelson.

Is the Basement still going?

and Me I am not there!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The Frock and Jacket, now Cafe Rouge. Always used to drink/score there before going to The Zap.
Happy days.:clap2:

Bluejuice said:
Don't forget the chain pier!

Oh and that lovely crepe restaurant called Cripes. Used to love that place

God one of those waitresses (when it just opened) gave me such a turn on - one night.

Jul 20, 2003
AthinaB.JPG

The Athina B

remember seeing it when I was a kid, cool

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Stairs leading from the station to Trafalgar Street, the remainder leading to the old gents loos are now closed too. It also used to contain a barbers.

The Spirit of Brighton statue in Churchill Square.

The old church in Queens Square now a faceless bank building.

The southern entrance of Market Street now the Thistle Hotel.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The old twin-chimneyed power station at Southwick. I went along and watched the 2nd chimney get blown up early one Sunday morninig a few years back. Spectacular.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Black Rock paddling pool.
Peter Pans playground.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Theatre of Trees said:
Stairs leading from the station to Trafalgar Street, the remainder leading to the old gents loos are now closed too. It also used to contain a barbers.

Those were good - and for commuting North Laine residents (like I used to be) they must have been useful too. Shame tramps used to shit everywhere. Those Victorian mosaics are presumably all still in tact - that space would make a nice, if not altogether hygenic, bar.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Uncle Sams in West Street:nono:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Grinders on Kensington Gardens. Used to be a wicked little cafe but was taken over and turned into the Bamboo Bar and then The Fringe Bar or summat.
The Fringe Bar is great, ceiling covered with those old news sheets outside newsagents and the mens toilet walls covered in comic books! You can also get a hookah pipe in there for about a fiver. Great in the summer out on the balcony, closed for the winter though :down:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Scarface said:
The Fringe Bar is great, ceiling covered with those old news sheets outside newsagents and the mens toilet walls covered in comic books! You can also get a hookah pipe in there for about a fiver. Great in the summer out on the balcony, closed for the winter though :down:

I'm sure both those were originally part of the Grinders decor. I haven't been in there since it changed.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Man of Harveys said:
Those were good - and for commuting North Laine residents (like I used to be) they must have been useful too. Shame tramps used to shit everywhere. Those Victorian mosaics are presumably all still in tact - that space would make a nice, if not altogether hygenic, bar.

Last time I looked those mosiacs were there, the area is used for storage at the moment.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
The Berlin Bar which then became Bar Centro which I think now is some poncy restaurant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here