Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thierry Henry: Replay Would Be Best

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Henry will be remembered from now on as a cheating bastard.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
People are making him seem like he does this all the time and is a vile person. the ball hit is hand and he played on.no one stops these days if they know they have accidentally handled it, instead they wait for the ref to blow. in this case, he didn't (wrongly) and the ball ended up in the net. if it was the other way round and Ireland got lucky no one would be complaining.just because the Irish consistently fail at qualifying for major tournaments then it is a major thing.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I can't actually believe the level of hysteria regarding the Henry and the handball. Incidents of 'cheating' go on every week at all levels of football. It just so happens that the consequences were far greater in this case. Psychologically this may have given more reason for Henry to due what he did. The chance to send France through to the World Cup and the greatest stage. If he had the chance to sit down and think about whether he would use a hand the outcome may have been very different. Instinctive decisions can have very different outcomes to those which are considered at length.

Those vilifying Henry know little about the realities of football and have not taken into account the circumstances and the immediacy of his decision. They have bought into the media circus that has arisen. Listen to Duff's interview... He states that himself and Keane would have done the same thing. Wait a minute, Keane himself was guilty of handball several times during the game. Human memory is very selective when emotion is so high.

I don't condone what Henry did but the outcry this has generated towards him is almost laughable. Condolescences to Ireland and their fans but Henry is not the real culprit. The real focus of Irish frustration should be directed towards FIFA in asking why they are still reluctant to introduce technology to aid referees.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
People are making him seem like he does this all the time and is a vile person. the ball hit is hand and he played on.no one stops these days if they know they have accidentally handled it, instead they wait for the ref to blow. in this case, he didn't (wrongly) and the ball ended up in the net. if it was the other way round and Ireland got lucky no one would be complaining.just because the Irish consistently fail at qualifying for major tournaments then it is a major thing.

You were making sense until your last sentence. What has Ireland's past record got to do with anything?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can't actually believe the level of hysteria regarding the Henry and the handball. Incidents of 'cheating' go on every week at all levels of football. It just so happens that the consequences were far greater in this case. Psychologically this may have given more reason for Henry to due what he did. The chance to send France through to the World Cup and the greatest stage. If he had the chance to sit down and think about whether he would use a hand the outcome may have been very different. Instinctive decisions can have very different outcomes to those which are considered at length.

Those vilifying Henry know little about the realities of football and have not taken into account the circumstances and the immediacy of his decision. They have bought into the media circus that has arisen. Listen to Duff's interview... He states that himself and Keane would have done the same thing. Wait a minute, Keane himself was guilty of handball several times during the game. Human memory is very selective when emotion is so high.

I don't condone what Henry did but the outcry this has generated towards him is almost laughable. Condolescences to Ireland and their fans but Henry is not the real culprit. The real focus of Irish frustration should be directed towards FIFA in asking why they are still reluctant to introduce technology to aid referees.

100% agree.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
the media circus that has arisen. Listen to Duff's interview... He states that himself and Keane would have done the same thing. Wait a minute, Keane himself was guilty of handball several times during the game. Human memory is very selective when emotion is so high.

I agree. An Irish friend of mine is getting embarrassed with the whole thing. Duff and Trappatoni were very measured and calm about it, pointing out the real issue; shit refereeing.

The media love to go to town on stuff like this though and all the knee-jerkers go along with it and feed the flames.

Don't for a minute condone what Henry did but I'm almost starting to hate the witch hunt as much as the crime.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here