Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] They say that everyone has their price

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yeah it's a real shame isn't it?

In generations to come, when looking back to now-ish, for so many reasons history won't be called 'history' it'll be:-

'Come on children, sit down and open your textbooks at 'what were they thinking?' '.

Fortunately, only you lot know the future, you know the EU will go from strength to strength, ever closer union won't really see nation-states become an irrelevance along with real democratic accountability ..

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thanks for confirming other countries have a problem with ECJ overreach re national law despite you claiming the opposite.

I said that no other country would have a problem with the statement the EU has made about it's primacy, do you think this is news to any of them?

The statement is in response to Polands ruling, no other country or countries court is saying that the EU cannot have primacy in it's areas of competence, the German court decided an ECJ ruling was not in it's area of competence, and Barnier wants to negotiate what is included and what is not, for France, much as the UK had done in certain areas where we had exemptions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’ll never forget, going back nearly 20 years ago in the run up to an election Farage was on Question Time, which I was watching with my daughter who was at home on study leave from Cardiff University, revising for her finals in European Studies, which included - obviously - how the European institutions worked.

Just about everything he said, Ellie said: “no it isn’t”, “that’s not true”, “where did he get that from” or something similar. It just became totally clear that he knew nothing about how Europe worked at all.

The trouble is that there were and still are a lot of overt and covert sympathisers of his views, including our famous print media. He usually always got handed his arse on a plate when subjected to serious questioning yet still too many fail to see what a charlatan he is, strangely, he had absolutely no problem siphoning his expenses out of the EU he professed to despise. His double standards are legendary even down to his German wife.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's astonishing how many million thick Brits exist. [I'm not labelling Brexiteer voters as anything bad, there would be gobby antisemites lacking in the brain cells department on the left too].

A sizeable rump of idiots, quite frightening how they swerved an education and common sense. It's getting out of control.

A brilliant show from James O'Brien on Wednesday, unusually he largely ditched party politics and dealt in detail with these people.
https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lbc/london/episodes/2zGudhCUh7HmXy1HsbyTqPJSWt/

Farage has hoovered up the right wing millions within this class.

You'd think the tories would be working to woo them (back?) but I suspect that few of them ever voted in the first place. Boris seems too disorganised to woo them but it probably doesn't matter. Were these people serious about electing an alternative iconoclast then why has Fazzer never got a seat, let alone one of his orange-faced coke-sniffing acolytes?

However this demographic has always been there. Previously solid sensible tory voters or solid labour voters who have have been 'let down' and have flocked to Herr Farridge are few and far between. It's all the 'I've never voted, but...I used to think labour was for the working white man, but...I'm a conservative but I don't trust those public school ponces, and....' gang. Normally too lazy to get off their arses to vote, and still too lazy to vote, vote, vote for Nigel Farrage*.

(*a small prize** for the first person who identifies the reference here)

(**which will be my very best wishes)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I said that no other country would have a problem with the statement the EU has made about it's primacy, do you think this is news to any of them?

The statement is in response to Polands ruling, no other country or countries court is saying that the EU cannot have primacy in it's areas of competence, the German court decided an ECJ ruling was not in it's area of competence, and Barnier wants to negotiate what is included and what is not, for France, much as the UK had done in certain areas where we had exemptions.

You claimed that Poland was the only country that had a problem with ECJ overreach ... that wasn't true.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ll never forget, going back nearly 20 years ago in the run up to an election Farage was on Question Time, which I was watching with my daughter who was at home on study leave from Cardiff University, revising for her finals in European Studies, which included - obviously - how the European institutions worked.

Just about everything he said, Ellie said: “no it isn’t”, “that’s not true”, “where did he get that from” or something similar. It just became totally clear that he knew nothing about how Europe worked at all.

Insightful.

I was thinking there’s nothing positive about the bloke, other than; one can at least say that he’s certainly resilient and that he knew the workings of the EU inside out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The trouble is that there were and still are a lot of overt and covert sympathisers of his views, including our famous print media. He usually always got handed his arse on a plate when subjected to serious questioning yet still too many fail to see what a charlatan he is, strangely, he had absolutely no problem siphoning his expenses out of the EU he professed to despise. His double standards are legendary even down to his German wife.

He’s separated from his German wife, due to an affair with his French mistress. He divorced his first wife, who was Irish.
He’s partial to Europeans, is our Nige!

Of course, not forgetting he’s a Palace fan. Boooo

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's easier to con people, than it is to convince people they have been conned.

The great lie of sovereignty - just 11% of our laws came from the EU, and were transposed into British law anyway, and 89% of our laws are British made. Parliament in Westminster is sovereign and always has been.

Indeed it is ...

So what is the true figure? More than 13% but less than 62% - it depends what you count in and what you leave out. It is safe to say that EU law does have a very significant presence and effect in UK law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36473105

Obviously, those who are easily conned/radicalised will dismiss the BBC as a government mouthpiece ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You'd think the tories would be working to woo them (back?) but I suspect that few of them ever voted in the first place. Boris seems too disorganised to woo them but it probably doesn't matter. Were these people serious about electing an alternative iconoclast then why has Fazzer never got a seat, let alone one of his orange-faced coke-sniffing acolytes?

However this demographic has always been there. Previously solid sensible tory voters or solid labour voters who have have been 'let down' and have flocked to Herr Farridge are few and far between. It's all the 'I've never voted, but...I used to think labour was for the working white man, but...I'm a conservative but I don't trust those public school ponces, and....' gang. Normally too lazy to get off their arses to vote, and still too lazy to vote, vote, vote for Nigel Farrage*.

(*a small prize** for the first person who identifies the reference here)

(**which will be my very best wishes)

That James O’Brien link contains some insight and anecdotes from callers.

It turns out that there’s a sizeable chunk of the population who lump variously O’Brien, Gove, the science community in with the Clinton’s, Clooney, Gates’s …… as scheming paedo’s. Educated by liars on Facebook and Twatter. Often not previously into politics or party politics whatsoever.

I presume that as a fanboy of Trump, Farage gets a pass from the Scamdemic thicko’s.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed it is ...

So what is the true figure? More than 13% but less than 62% - it depends what you count in and what you leave out. It is safe to say that EU law does have a very significant presence and effect in UK law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36473105

Obviously, those who are easily conned/radicalised will dismiss the BBC as a government mouthpiece ...

It’s a good article pointing out the differences between laws, statutes, directives and regulations.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You claimed that Poland was the only country that had a problem with ECJ overreach ... that wasn't true.

No, I didn't.

The post I replied to stated "There is a new situation in the EU now which is causing conflict in Poland"

However, the EU having primacy in it's areas of competence is not new.
What is new, is the ruling by a politically partisan court in Poland, that the Polish Government asked it to make.

The original post then said "The EU have announced that if there is conflict between EU law and a national law of a member country then EU law is the one that must be followed. I can see some countries challenging this when certain cases arise."

I replied, "It isn't a problem for any country other than Poland, or more accurately, the current Government of Poland.
Membership explicitly gives this to the EU in specific areas."

Just for you, and anyone else hard of thinking, I will clarify. Only the current Polish government has a problem with this, because only the Polish government has asked it's courts to decide if it is constitutionally agreeable to submit to that, and had the ruling that it isn't.
Every member state was and is aware, that the statement issued, was and is the case, it will cause no distress to anyone other than the government of Poland, who may have been hoping for the EU to back down in some way.
If you read into that that I believe no other nation doesn't like that the EU has primacy in some areas from time to time, and will sometimes challenge whether a ruling is in their area of competence from time to time, then it's no surprise you swallowed, consumed and regurgitate the bollocks that you do about the EU.

No one else is going to be challenging the principle of EU primacy in it's areas of competence.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
What’s 2% between friends? Certainly nowhere near as high as the leave campaign had us believe.
Someone claiming a figure that is 2% lower than even the most extreme Europhile claim as the objective truth tells its own story ... several nights watching GB news might be needed to balance out all that Channel 4 indoctrination [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone claiming a figure that is 2% lower than even the most extreme Europhile claim as the objective truth tells its own story ... several nights watching GB news might be needed to balance out all that Channel 4 indoctrination [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

How extreme. I get news from a wider spectrum than two television channels. :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He’s separated from his German wife, due to an affair with his French mistress. He divorced his first wife, who was Irish.
He’s partial to Europeans, is our Nige!

Of course, not forgetting he’s a Palace fan. Boooo

An example of EU citizens coming over here to do the stuff no Brit is prepared to do.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
European law is superior to the national laws of Member States, as we are no longer a member this is less of a problem. Saying that, may I commend you for being the only person on this thread pointing out that despite his obvious limitations Mr Farage is probably the most influential (apart from Mrs T) UK politician in our lifetimes.

laughing-hysterically.gif

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I like this.

Without that annoying pub landlord fella muddying the waters, in that part of the world at that time, Nige would’ve had a great chance.

Al Murray was brilliant. I still remember seeing his manifesto: “we’re going to make this country so sh1t, nobody will want to come here anyway!”

Many a true word……..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here